portrait of a friend and her horse

livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
edited November 24, 2005 in People
i took a series of a good friend, and my riding instructor, on one of her horses shortly after she found out he had cancer....

taken with an epson photopc 3100, but don't have any other information on this computer.
laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff

Comments

• 52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    I like the shot Laurie, I think the story behind it makes it more poignant.
    Maybe a bit more image to the right of the horse's head would be a little better, if your original is larger. The same picture with a much wider field of view might work as well.
    I hope everything works out for your friend.
    Eric "in urban Minnesota"
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    wow i hope she is ok. that is a beautiful horse, i miss riding a lot. the picture conveys a feeling of sorrow very nicely. great job! and what a beautiful area to live in!
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    52Caddy wrote:
    I like the shot Laurie, I think the story behind it makes it more poignant.
    Maybe a bit more image to the right of the horse's head would be a little better, if your original is larger. The same picture with a much wider field of view might work as well.
    I hope everything works out for your friend.
    Eric "in urban Minnesota"

thanks, eric, i do have many other shots from that day and could add some space. this is the one i framed for her.

actually, the horse is no longer with us, but he left himself a reputation, he was quite a challenge, and she was quite up to it.
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff