Options

Gallery Image Titles and Captions

peargrinpeargrin Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited August 3, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Is there any way to change the font size of the titles and captions on gallery photos? I've picked a font that I like, and have customized everything using that font. But now I find that it is so small on the titles and captions on gallery photos as to be unreadable. I've taken to capitalizing the text on the titles, but have over 300 photos to change. There also seems to be a bug with the edit function, making me have to enter the changes twice. The first time I make a change, all text is just deleted. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    I don't understand why, when we had already given titles to all our photographs they have now all become captions instead and if we want them to be titles again we have to re-enter them all manually. Why didn't you keep our titles as titles and give us the option of captions as a second tier as well?
  • Options
    peargrinpeargrin Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    That's an excellent point. I just gave in and picked a different font...
  • Options
    martintylermartintyler Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    LPC wrote: »
    I don't understand why, when we had already given titles to all our photographs they have now all become captions instead and if we want them to be titles again we have to re-enter them all manually. Why didn't you keep our titles as titles and give us the option of captions as a second tier as well?

Is that what has happened? I thought something was different about titles/captions, but hadn't looked into it

I've got some galleries where only some photos are displaying a title/caption/whatever - and i'm sure all my photos are the same in terms of the meta data
  • Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    As a suggestion for increasing font size, you could drop in a CSS content block, and add something like:
    .sm-tile-info {
        font-size:16px; // or whatever you want here
    }

if that doesn't work because the rule isn't strong enough, you could try "#sm-gallery .sm-tile-info" instead of just ".sm-tile-info"
  • Options
    jfilerjfiler Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    The code you show changes the size of the keywords but not the new photo title. Any ideas on the code for that??

Joe Filer
    www.photographsbynature.com
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    ah it looks like you'll need
    .sm-tile-info .sm-tile-title {
        font-size:24px; // or whatever you like
    }

there also appears to be a font-weight associated with the title (currently 300) that you might want to try to play with
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    LPC wrote: »

I agree, the migration should have placed the legacy caption/title into the top level Title on the new Smugmug. I like the idea of now having a 2nd tier for a description but hate thinking about how much work it will be to manually reenter this on every image. Also need to find a way to have the Title and Caption fields centred below each image.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    raebrown wrote: »
    I agree, the migration should have placed the legacy caption/title into the top level Title on the new Smugmug. I like the idea of now having a 2nd tier for a description but hate thinking about how much work it will be to manually reenter this on every image. Also need to find a way to have the Title and Caption fields centred below each image.

I don't mind too much about the centering as the titles look ok being that much bigger anyway but yes, the thought of copying and pasting over 8500 captions to titles is not something I would particularly want to do eek7.gif
  • Options
    jfilerjfiler Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    moiraine wrote: »
    ah it looks like you'll need
    .sm-tile-info .sm-tile-title {
        fontsize:24px; // or whatever you like
    }

there also appears to be a font-weight associated with the title (currently 300) that you might want to try to play with

Yes, this does the trick but had to correct fontsize to font-size

Thanks,

Joe Filer
    www.photographsbynature.com
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2013
    woops, thanks for pointing that out! silly mistake, glad that worked for you
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    I'm feeling very dense...but where are the "titles" for photos entered and displayed? When I go into "edit" for photos, I only have an option that says "captions and keywords", and it only allows me to edit, as the link suggests, captions and keywords. Where are you entering titles, and are they displayed in the gallery in a different location than the "caption"?
  • Options
    billwbillw Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    pbandj wrote: »
    I'm feeling very dense...but where are the "titles" for photos entered and displayed? When I go into "edit" for photos, I only have an option that says "captions and keywords", and it only allows me to edit, as the link suggests, captions and keywords. Where are you entering titles, and are they displayed in the gallery in a different location than the "caption"?

You can only edit titles on a per-photo basis.

While displaying the photo, click on the "wrench" icon, then Edit > Photo Details. Now you can enter a "title" (whatever that means).

Seems to me this should be in the organizer: "titles, captions and keywords".