Options

Change Font and Size of Gallery Text

imnxcguyimnxcguy Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited August 5, 2013 in SmugMug Support
How do you change the TYPE of font and the SIZE of the text on the Home page and on the galleries?

Comments

• Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    imnxcguy wrote: »
    How do you change the TYPE of font and the SIZE of the text on the Home page and on the galleries?

You can change the theme to reset the font (body and header). You can have a different theme for homepage to the rest of the site if you only want to change the homepage. To change the size just select the text block and edit with the wrench. You can also make other changes to text layout there.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    Thank you, Rob. I guess I don't understand this "new" Smugmug very well, I'm having problems with most everything, and their Help desk is overwhelmed. Everything seems much harder to do, now. I appreciate the response, but I guess I'm dense and don't really understand....

I go to CUSTOMIZE > CUSTOMIZE SITE.
    Choose "Entire Site."
    Choose Theme. (from Content/Them/Layout)
    My Active theme says "Wood." This is the background I chose originally.
    Now what? How do I change the Font and Font Size for the entire site?
    Why is this so difficult to do?

Thanks VERY much.

Mark

You can change the theme to reset the font (body and header). You can have a different theme for homepage to the rest of the site if you only want to change the homepage. To change the size just select the text block and edit with the wrench. You can also make other changes to text layout there.
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Thank you, Rob. I guess I don't understand this "new" Smugmug very well, I'm having problems with most everything, and their Help desk is overwhelmed. Everything seems much harder to do, now. I appreciate the response, but I guess I'm dense and don't really understand....

I go to CUSTOMIZE > CUSTOMIZE SITE.
    Choose "Entire Site."
    Choose Theme. (from Content/Them/Layout)
    My Active theme says "Wood." This is the background I chose originally.
    Now what? How do I change the Font and Font Size for the entire site?
    Why is this so difficult to do?

Thanks VERY much.

Mark

Do you have a Basic account?
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    beardedgit wrote: »
    Do you have a Basic account?

I have a PRO account (sell photos online).
    www.macbethgraphics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    I have a PRO account (sell photos online).
    www.macbethgraphics.smugmug.com

Should be a simple "click on the wrench next to the theme name and search through the options" job then.

At least that's what the Heroes have been telling me.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    Beardedgit, thank you for the reply. Entirely not helpful, however. When I go to Customize Site, Choose Entire Site, and click on "Active Theme," it shows "Wood" and there is no "wrench," only an "x"

And over the years I've been totally impressed by the response of the "Heroes" of Smugmug. They are over-matched, however, and Smugmug has completely screwed the pooch on support for this huge makeover. For the money I am now paying, I expect more help.

Thanks.
    Mark
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    Beardedgit, thank you for the reply. Entirely not helpful, however. When I go to Customize Site, Choose Entire Site, and click on "Active Theme," it shows "Wood" and there is no "wrench," only an "x"

And over the years I've been totally impressed by the response of the "Heroes" of Smugmug. They are over-matched, however, and Smugmug has completely screwed the pooch on support for this huge makeover. For the money I am now paying, I expect more help.

Thanks.
    Mark

Oh, the irony of it! I have a wrench but it's ineffective on my account.

I'd lend you mine, but...
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013

Thanks.
    Mark

OK, I'm determined to understand this one - someone else had the same problem.

Go to customisation and select entire site, then theme. What is it? Wood? Click on 'design theme' underneath. What does it say? Wood? Is there a wrench there? If yes then edit and change something (anything) and save it with a new name. Then go back to the theme section above and make the new one the active one - you may need to select 'my themes' from the bottom of the page. Can you do that?
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. I did as you said.
    Customize > Customize Site
    Chose "Entire Site"
    Clicked THEME (from 3 choices, Content, Theme Layout)
    Below that it says "Active Theme"
    "Wood" is the only choice under that
    Clicked on "Wood"
    Over to the right, there is only an "X". There is no Wrench to choose.

Hope that explains my situation better.

Thanks,

Mark
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    Hmm, this one's got me stumped headscratch.gif

You need a Hero.

Or maybe a whole bunch of Heroes!
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    beardedgit wrote: »
    Hmm, this one's got me stumped headscratch.gif

You need a Hero.

Or maybe a whole bunch of Heroes!

I can't understand it. I started with the SM theme 'dina' and initially did a modification to it and had to save it as a new theme - I called 'rob1'. From rob1 I have created two others which I use in different parts of my site. But I can still go back to dina theme and click on the wrench, make a change and save it to another new theme - I just did it a few minutes ago and called it rob4 after changing the background colour slightly (no other change). It works fine.

I think expert help is needed. Perhaps something on his account is screwed?
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    Well, good to know it's not ALL me and my ineptitude. I think....

Of course, Heroes right now are in short supply. I've asked questions numerous times in the past week, and keep getting referred to propaganda videos on the Smugmug site, saying "The new SmugMug is live! Excited? Nervous? Can't find the right button to get what you want?" So, if I want to watch hours of video to find the answer to a specific question (without any guarantee that it's in that particular vid, of course), there's my answer.

I'm paying hundreds of dollars for THIS?

"Only a small part is played in great deeds by any hero." J.R.R. Tokien....