Options

Bulk keyword tool for keyword galleries

pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
edited August 20, 2013 in SmugMug Support
With legacy smugmug, i could go to my keywords page, click one, and then go to the bulk keyword tool to change the keywords. This was very helpful for correcting errors. Since the bulk keyword tool is no longer accessible from inside a gallery (have to go to the organize tool), I can't do this anymore.

Here's why I want it. Suddenly smugmug seems to have created keywords out of some filenames on my site (that option has been turned off and they never existed before). So now I have a bunch of pictures with the keyword 013 (as well as a bunch of other numeric keywords). How do I remove that from all of them at once? Luckily I haven't unveiled yet...

Also, showing ALL keywords on the keyword page instead of the top 255 helped me find mistakes/mispellings in keywords. That's no longer possible.

It also drives me nuts that captions and keywords are no longer editable right on a gallery page. The photo details covers the picture I'm trying to keyword. These are awful design decisions that do absolutely nothing for my guests but make maintaining my site a nightmare.

Smugmug, please rethink these decisions and put bulk tools and caption/keyword editing back on the gallery pages, at least in the smugmug gallery style.

The new design looks great, but why should it be so much harder (or impossible) to do basic things?

Dave

Comments

• Options
    sittingstillsittingstill Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Agreed, especially as regards the lost convenience of accessing gallery tools from the gallery and the inability to have a full automatically generated list of keywords. I had to code a page with all of my keywords, and I'll apparently have to add each new one manually, which is a pain.

Kelly
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    pilotdave wrote: »
    With legacy smugmug, i could go to my keywords page, click one, and then go to the bulk keyword tool to change the keywords. This was very helpful for correcting errors. Since the bulk keyword tool is no longer accessible from inside a gallery (have to go to the organize tool), I can't do this anymore.
    [SNIP]

FYI, that feature request was logged here:
    Restore Site-Wide Bulk Keyword/Caption Maintenance
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography