Options

Sharegroup folder display customization - not

JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 675 Major grins
edited August 15, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Background: I've migrated but not unveiled. Power user level. I'm using the SmugMug design with some fairly simple customizations for "All Folders" set up using the customize tool in the header bar. Nothing fancy: things like titles below the thumbnails, some extra space between thumbnails, a non-default color theme, etc.

When I click on the link for a sharegroup I created long before the migration -- and I'm logged into SmugMug so I'm viewing the sandbox site -- a folder displaying the sharegroup's 22 galleries come up in the new SmugMug format. I can then move to individual galleries as one might expect.

However, the sharegroup folder displays using the default folder pattern for SmugMug design. The display doesn't pick up the customizations I've applied to "All Folders". Moreover, there does not appear to any way to customize the display of the sharegroup folder so it looks like other folders.

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request, but I'd like my site's usual folder customizations to apply the sharegroup folder. It would seem that a modification schema applied to "All Folders" should apply to all. Moreover, the lack of consistency seems jarring and, frankly, looks like I botched *my* site design work. That's not the message I want to send.

Jim Ringland
Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    There was no customization of the legacy sharegroup either. But it has a description box. I just enter the html
    in it with all the html and CSS needed to customize the page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 675 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    The legacy site had limited customization options without adding code, but the simple menu-driven things -- things like the site-wide color theme or a background color set via the Easy Customizer -- were applied to the sharegroup folder. That provided a basic visual consistency. Now we have all sorts of wonderful new menu-driven controls for ordinary folders but none for the sharegroup folder. The result is a loss of the visual consistency if one does much of anything. That seems a gap in the implementation.

Jim Ringland
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    Add search page to your list.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog