Options

Another sidebar issue...

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited November 19, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Why does the sidebar here http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/
only run the height of the nav bar contained within...

and here http://www.onbroadwaydancers.com/
the side bar runs the entire height of the page?

I NEED mine to run top to bottom...

BTW... I have the left sidebar pinned, and it still moves... so obviously the sidebar is not working correctly...
Pinning seems to work w/ a bit of a glitch in IE10 and Chrome, but not in FF25...
The glitch is that the bar scrolls the 1st time the page is scrolled, then jumps back and stays pinned.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    Comparing layouts between two sites (one w/ a top to bottom sidebar and one w/o) it looks like there is hard coding setting the sidebar to extend top to bottom or "full height."

I cannot seems to get the right code adjusted... HELP!!!

I had to add a huge bottom margin to "fake it." Not good for different screen sizes though.
  • Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    The other site is using the 'Arrow' template which has the strip running along the left edge top to bottom. You're using the 'sierra' template. There is a slight discoloration when you added your blocks on the left.
    Change to the 'Arrow' template and your strip will run top to bottom.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    mrneutron wrote: »
    The other site is using the 'Arrow' template which has the strip running along the left edge top to bottom. You're using the 'sierra' template. There is a slight discoloration when you added your blocks on the left.

I know about the discoloration... that's color I set for the time being. Thanks though... but a few questions...

1st, Why can't I just add the side bar and have it work as it does on the other layout?

2nd, If I change layouts will I lose all the work I have done on my site in terms of customizations of the inner page, homepage, theme?

I had thought about changing but thought I'd lose it all.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2013
    mrneutron wrote: »

If you're the hero why do I need a fellow user to show me the light on this?eek7.gif
    Hm, make sure that you've got "fill height" turned on on the Layout tab, and maybe try adjusting the "pinning" option there too. I think the sidebar should probably fill the height without messing with CSS.

No need to change layouts.... come on dude....:D
  • Options
    DanieleDaniele Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    I chose 'Arrow' template in all my site. The sidebar in Homepage don't see until to bottom but in Galleries yes.
    Please, someone tell me why?
    Daniele
    www.danielecavadini.it
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2013
    Daniele wrote: »
    I chose 'Arrow' template in all my site. The sidebar in Homepage don't see until to bottom but in Galleries yes.
    Please, someone tell me why?
    Daniele
    www.danielecavadini.it

make sure that you've got "fill height" turned on on the Layout tab