Options

Slideshow - Captions & (Useless) Titles.

guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited November 15, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
So this is probably old news but I just found out the hard way after entering a bunch of them manually that Photo titles will not show in a slideshow! The slideshow will show only captions..

In all that's holy can anyone at SM explain the logic behind that move????

It seems that photo titles were added to SM as a mere afterthought, they seem to have no support throughout the rest of SM. If you can't bulk enter or edit them or use them in Slideshows what real use are they?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    At this point, the slideshow content block only supports captions and no titles. I'll ask the Dgrin mods to move your suggestion to the feature request forum so we can keep track of it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    At this point, the slideshow content block only supports captions and no titles. I'll ask the Dgrin mods to move your suggestion to the feature request forum so we can keep track of it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yet when I use the slideshow box on A SM page the titles work why is that?

Is it because features like bulk add bulk edit and the showoff slideshow are simply left over bits if Legacy SM that haven't been updated or worked on. I just think if you are going to add the option of Titles then they should be supported to the same degree that captions are. I'm regretting using them as now I have to go one by one & cut & paste the text from the Title back to the caption.