Options

captions/panel in lightbox

phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited May 21, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi there...
before i contact the helpdesk i would like to have some feedback if other do have the same "problem".

If i open a photo in lightbox and select a larger display-site (for example X3-large) the panel/captionsbox moves about 10-20px to the right. There is now a little space on the left, see screenshot.

I'm not sure but i think this happened first after the new scrollbar appeared if there is more text in the captionsbox so a visitor can scroll down to read the entire text.

Do others also see the little extra space on the left after selecting a larger display size?
Sample-site: http://phaserbeam.smugmug.com/New

Using Firefox29.

Thx.

P.S. even more worse... if i select a portrait style photo i do also get extra space on the bottom of the panel/captionsbox. I think this space is reserved for the scrollbar which is needed if you select a larger size landscape style photo.

Comments

• Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2014
    Hi,

Please write us at the helpdesk if you are still experiencing this.

Best Regards,
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2014
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    ... If i open a photo in lightbox and select a larger display-site (for example X3-large) the panel/captionsbox moves about 10-20px to the right. There is now a little space on the left, see screenshot ...

I think this goes back to the lightbox caption box updates in mid-March. I have the following CSS patch on my site, which I dated 2014-03-21. It moves the panel back to where it belongs when the picture has to scroll:
    .sm-lightbox.scrollable  .yui-widget-ft {
        left: 0px;
    }

This adjusts the following SmugMug CSS:
    .sm-lightbox-scrollable .yui3-widget-ft {
        left: 15px;
        bottom: 15px;
        right: 15px;
    }

It looks like when SM has to makes space for some sort of scroll bar, they always allocate space right, bottom, and left. That same allocation is done whether there is only a vertical scroll bar, only a horizonatal scroll bar, or both. The spacing on the left must be to maintain some sort of design symmetry. There's no functional need. By the way, 15px is right for Chrome but Firefox 28 -- I haven't made the jump to Firefox 29 yet -- uses 21px scrollbars.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    CSS at jtringl.smugmug.com/CSS

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2014
    Jtring wrote: »
    I think this goes back to the lightbox caption box updates in mid-March.
    Thx for the reply...thumb.gif
    I did send an email to the helpdesk. This looks ugly and i think should be fixed by smugmug, not by some CSS.

Markus