Options

Jets vs Pats game photos are in! - DUW

sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
edited September 18, 2006 in Sports
For those that don't know about me winning a camera, jets tickets with sideline passes: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=42698&page=2

Wow... what a day! Got sideline at the meadowlands for pregame warmups, national anthem, and the kickoff. I met up with the Jets pro photographer, and a marketing guy from Canon. So we basically shot down on the field for around an hour. The Jets came out for warm ups which was fun to shoot. I went paparazzi (literally) on Joe Namath, Adam Sandler, and Kevin James (from King of Queens) who also came out on sideline. I was pretty much chillin about 5 ft from them! ;D I was shooting and a little kid next to me called Laveranues Coles over. I got a couple nice shots as he came over then got to shake his hand and wished him luck! Being on the field was pretty wild! The roar of ~75,000 people is MUCH louder down on the field than in the stands. After the first play we went in the tunnel and up the fright elevator.

The first quarter of the game sucked. The Pats came right out and racked up like 17 unanswered points, then another 7 in the 3rd quarter. The Jets rallied in the second half, but came short. I ended up on the Jumbotron 3rd quarter, but forgot to turn my shutter speed down when it came on TV, so the refresh rate kinda mucked up the photos. Bleh, oh well... it was super cool being up there!! Everyone around me was like HOLY SH*T, that guy is sitting right here!! ITS THE TV GUY! :lol: The last few field shots were from our seats... pretty damn good for how far away we were!! Sniping Coles to the 40yr line!!
if you prefer a gallery --> http://www.jdhaesloop.com/nyj/

imga_0001.jpg

imga_0002.jpg

imga_0003.jpg

imga_0004.jpg

imga_0005.jpg

imga_0006.jpg

imga_0007.jpg

imga_0008.jpg

imga_0009.jpg

imga_0010.jpg

imga_0011.jpg

imga_0012.jpg

imga_0013.jpg

imga_0014.jpg

imga_0015.jpg

imga_0016.jpg

imga_0017.jpg

imga_0018.jpg

imga_0019.jpg

I HAD TO :lol::lol:

imga_0020.jpg

imga_0021.jpg

imga_0022.jpg

imga_0023.jpg

imga_0024.jpg

imga_0025.jpg

imga_0026.jpg

imga_0027.jpg

imga_0028.jpg

imga_0029.jpg

imga_0030.jpg

imga_0031.jpg

imga_0032.jpg

imga_0033.jpg

imga_0034.jpg

imga_0035.jpg

imga_0036.jpg

imga_0037.jpg

imga_0038.jpg

imga_0039.jpg

imga_0040.jpg

imga_0041.jpg

imga_0042.jpg

imga_0043.jpg

imga_0044.jpg

imga_0045.jpg

imga_0046.jpg

imga_0047.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FrankieAngFrankieAng Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    Congratulations!!! What an awesome day it was for you. An experience that I sure will be cherished forever. Thanks for sharing your experiences and images with us.
    Frank
    (Pbase supporter) www.pbase.com/eng45ine
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    Congrats! That had to be cool.

Was Namath drunk & want to kiss you?rolleyes1.gif sorry had to say that.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    some really great shots, wow! Your first day out with your new toy too - great stuff! glad to see you are putting that new camera to good work.

and sorry, but Go Pats! :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DoctorIt wrote:
    some really great shots, wow! Your first day out with your new toy too - great stuff! glad to see you are putting that new camera to good work.

and sorry, but Go Pats! :D
    Well... I did go to the bronx zoo all day saturday, my gf's horse farm saturday night and shot some of her jumping and chased a bunch of deer through a field, and was at a horse show shooting for a few hours sunday morning before driving out to the meadowlands for the jets game. I think I put on about 1,500 shot on the new body this weekend mwink.gif

as far as the Pat's... i'll cheer on ANY team they are playing against! HAHA!! I hate them! :D
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    ^5 man ... looks like you had a ton of fun!

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    bowdown.gifWow! What a dream day you had. Bookmark your entire week as one of the highlights of a lifetime man. That must have been such a fantastic time and an experience that your fellow shuttergeeks here would long to do. Thanks so much for sharing clap.gif
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • Options
    stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    Very nice shots...Esp the portrait ones. Those guys are used to being photographically stalked...you know it feels weird the first time you have to do it, you feel like they know you are watching only them but they get it all the time. Nothing like being on the sidelines for football. Gotta watch out though I know many photographers that have gotten creamed. I usually take a reporter with me and make him follow me around during the game, he pulls me out of the way if the action is coming to close. Can't be too careful when your own equipment is on the line!
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    Nice shots! That one of Coles making a cut is the 1st move of that amazing touchdown run, right? I vividly remember swearing at the TV during that play - at least the game turned out well! :D

That's a dream day for sure, and you did a great job with the opportunity you were given. thumb.gif
  • Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    excellent photos!

just out of curiosity, can you normally take a DSLR with a huge lens on it to a NFL game?
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • Options
    SpeshulEd wrote:
    excellent photos!

just out of curiosity, can you normally take a DSLR with a huge lens on it to a NFL game?

If I didnt have my VIP tag on, they said I would be hassled about the size lens I brought in. Also, security had to examine every camera and lens that came into the stadium. The camera had to turn on, they checked the viewfinder and all of the lenses!! I doubt you would get a normal 70-300mm lens in the place, maybe the 70-300mmm DO IS lens cause its shorter. Forget any white prime lens or zooms like the 70-200L or 100-400L. Most people are carrying beers, so a dude with a massive looking camera and lens sticks out like a sore thumb. :D
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    sirsloop wrote:
    If I didnt have my VIP tag on, they said I would be hassled about the size lens I brought in. Also, security had to examine every camera and lens that came into the stadium. The camera had to turn on, they checked the viewfinder and all of the lenses!! I doubt you would get a normal 70-300mm lens in the place, maybe the 70-300mmm DO IS lens cause its shorter. Forget any white prime lens or zooms like the 70-200L or 100-400L. Most people are carrying beers, so a dude with a massive looking camera and lens sticks out like a sore thumb. :D

Actually it depends on the stadium policy. I've brought my 20D and 70-200 f/4 into Gillette Stadium several times with no issues but other venues are more strict.
  • Options
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Actually it depends on the stadium policy. I've brought my 20D and 70-200 f/4 into Gillette Stadium several times with no issues but other venues are more strict.

I need to pick a crisp clear action shot to submit for posting on the jets homepage...

I think this one: http://www.jdhaesloop.com/nyj/imga_0023.html

any other opinions?