Options

Wanted: Photographers at the Sacramento River Cats game

Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited May 8, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi All,

This year SmugMug is going to be the sponsor of "Fan of the Game" at all remaining Sacramento River Cats games. (They are the Triple A baseball team that feeds the Oakland A's) @ Raley Field in West Sacramento.

In conjunction with www.seabridgeinc.com, we have an exclusive with the River Cats to take photos of the fans for all remaining home games. Announcements will be made on the Scoreboard to look for photographers and get your photo etc. Fan of the game will be posted on the RC homepage for voting.

We are looking for Photographers that would like to go and take the photos of the fans. All your photos would be property of the River Cats organization.

Details:

**BYOC (bring your own camera)
**50 home games left in the season (pick however many games you want)
**Comfortably interact and take photos of fans during the game
**Give the fans a card to direct them to SmugMug to purchase the photos
**upload your shots following the game to rivercats.smugmug.com (in Construction)
**Free Parking Passes and VIP entrance to all games
**Ideally each photographer would take 750-1000 photos per game

Anybody interested or know someone who would be? :D

Thanks,
Markham

Comments

• Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Wow thats alot of photos per game.
  • Options
    sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    well... considering a game is only 2-3 hours long 750 may seem a bit high. I generally shoot horse events like 8 hours long and usually have around 1000 keepers after deleting known OOF, etc. At that pace you'll be doing a lot less interacting and a lot more photo taking! You may need a backpack for all of those business cards too rolleyes1.gif

Still, this sounds like a great opportunity to get out to at least a couple games to shoot! If I was in the SF bay area I'd definitly be interested in coming out thumb.gif

fyi, you'll probably want a real short zoomer for groups/tight areas, flash, and flash battery for this kinda event. How will people locate their photo within the 1000's posted per game? Image number on the card perhaps?