Options

bulkRegen: get SmugMungous on your entire collection

cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
Announcing a quick and simple tool to request all images in your library be regenerated so as to add the new SmugMungous sizes. This is a Mac OS/X application supporting 10.3 and up (developed on 10.4, tested on 10.5).

Download v1.0 here.

questions? issues! problems?! ... post 'em here. (I'm also particularly interested in the final line it prints out, that says how fast it submitted requests... would appreciate seeing as many as possible.)
SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
http://wall-art.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 30, 2007
    w00t cabbey clap.gifclap
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    TazzyTazzyTazzyTazzy Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    cabbey wrote:
    Announcing a quick and simple tool to request all images in your library be regenerated so as to add the new SmugMungous sizes. This is a Mac OS/X application supporting 10.3 and up (developed on 10.4, tested on 10.5).

Download v1.0 here.

questions? issues! problems?! ... post 'em here. (I'm also particularly interested in the final line it prints out, that says how fast it submitted requests... would appreciate seeing as many as possible.)

I don't have a MAC. What API calls did you use to request the images rebuilt/resized?
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2007
    TazzyTazzy wrote:
    I don't have a MAC. What API calls did you use to request the images rebuilt/resized?

see my comment in the api contest thread... I think you'll be able to figure out the command and options I"m using there. :) (it's a graceless hack, but it works until devbobo gives us a better api to do it.)
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
  • Options
    timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Nice! clap.gif Thank you! Running it now...
  • Options
    afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    This is fantastic! Thank you for writing it. It's so quick and light.

It's running now on mine, and I don't anticipate any problems.

Woo hoo!
  • Options
    DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    possible that this could be made available again ?

It would seem that it would be a way to generate square thumbnails...

and stress test Amazon ... :D

Thanks

Andrew
  • Options
    bigrememberbigremember Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 9, 2008
    The domain hosting the DMG file seems to have disappeared... Is there any chance of this being hosting elsewhere?

I have somewhere near 100 galleries in need of some SmugMungous love and am not too excited about the hours of clicking to get bulk processing to go on all of them, Cabbey's tool sounds like a lifesaver.

Dna wrote:
    possible that this could be made available again ?

It would seem that it would be a way to generate square thumbnails...

and stress test Amazon ... :D

Thanks

Andrew
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2008
    EDIT: problem solved. Sorry about that folks.

(Thanks BigRemember for the PM alert... for some reason my subscription to this thread didn't fire when either of the last two appends were made.)
  • Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    After clicking on the link to download the file, I get a "Problem loading page" (timedout). it's trying to connect to alice.cabbey.net
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2008
    Oakley wrote:
    After clicking on the link to download the file, I get a "Problem loading page" (timedout). it's trying to connect to alice.cabbey.net

The server had been down due to network outage about the time you posted that, but it's back now. Should be good to go.