Options

Different views of Los Angeles

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited December 12, 2007 in Landscapes
Just wanted to see if these look like stereotypical shots of LA or not. All taken yesterday.
1. LA winter scene.
231087310-M.jpg

2. City of lights?
231081791-M.jpg

3, San Gabriel Mountains in the heart of LA.
231081284-M.jpg

4. I'm not sure I like this or not, but I call it nuclear bomb sunset. Landscaping at 500mm.
231081448-M.jpg

c/c welcome.

Comments

• Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    Well the visibity appears to have improved since I was out there about 7-8 years ago. Where's the smog? LA is amazing where you can go from city to mountain top in such a short drive. The observatory wasn't open when I drove up -- I am assuming that's where the first couple of these were shot from.
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    I like the first 2 shots- pretty sweet. clap.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    I love the first shot. Was this on Sunday when the sky was really clear? When I woke up on Sunday and looked outside I immediately thought it would be a great idea to get over to Griffith Park because the air was so clear. Now I am really regretting not going, looks like it was a great day to be up at the Observatory.
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2007
    1pocket wrote:
    Well the visibity appears to have improved since I was out there about 7-8 years ago. Where's the smog? LA is amazing where you can go from city to mountain top in such a short drive. The observatory wasn't open when I drove up -- I am assuming that's where the first couple of these were shot from.

All the shots are from the observatory.
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2007
    canghuixu wrote:
    I love the first shot. Was this on Sunday when the sky was really clear? When I woke up on Sunday and looked outside I immediately thought it would be a great idea to get over to Griffith Park because the air was so clear. Now I am really regretting not going, looks like it was a great day to be up at the Observatory.

Yup, it was Sunday. In LA, the day after it rains, the sky is clear of hazy and there are usually nice cloud formations, which makes for nice dramatic landscapes IMO.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Love the b/w mountain shot in particular! It certainly doesn't look anything like the center of a major urban area. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Love the b/w mountain shot in particular! It certainly doesn't look anything like the center of a major urban area. thumb.gif

Yup, something I was trying to convey. Reminds me of the western states along UTAH or something.