Options

While waiting for the dentist...

geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
edited July 10, 2008 in Landscapes
I took this photo this previous winter before going into the dentists office. The canal and boardwalk were right across the street from the office.

Major curves were added to this photo as well as exposure blends. This is just a fun shot to practice with photoshop as I realize it is not realistic!

328484855_bn5uL-XL-1.jpg
"They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
My Photo Blog
Twitter Feed

Comments

• Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    This photo is very cool!! I can't wait until I become a photoshop guru :D
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    the shot is awesome, the only thing id do is remove the light rays...other than that its an awesome Photo...good job!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    cryptochromecryptochrome Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    zacker wrote:
    the shot is awesome, the only thing id do is remove the light rays...other than that its an awesome Photo...good job!

and the huge, oversized watermark.

Just started to build my SmugMug galleries:
    http://cryptochrome.smugmug.com
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    and the huge, oversized watermark.
    Now now let's play nice. :nono

It's a touchy subject here but watermarking is at the discretion of the photographer.
  • Options
    cryptochromecryptochrome Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Now now let's play nice. :nono

It's a touchy subject here but watermarking is at the discretion of the photographer.

Didn't mean to offend. Just a hint. A smaller, less prominently placed watermark would give you a better view of the gorgeous photo :)

Just started to build my SmugMug galleries:
    http://cryptochrome.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited July 9, 2008
    Didn't mean to offend. Just a hint. A smaller, less prominently placed watermark would give you a better view of the gorgeous photo :)
    It's up to the photographer to make those decisions. And there are plenty of reasons why someone might choose one style over another.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    Thanks for the comments everyone! As for the watermark, I can definitely understand why some people don't like it. For me, it is a matter of branding is all. That is why there is chocolate or vanilla!:D

The light rays are there only to complement the watermark. I got a little ridiculuous with it.eek7.gif
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2008
    Had some more fun and put another version of this up. I, personally like this print-out better as it has some ominous overtones to it...

329325601_svFRJ-X2.jpg

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed