I have been shooting with a Phantom 4 pro drone for couple months now , here is the first sunset i went out to shoot at Perch Rock , north west england.
Getting a whole new perspective you would not normally see
iso 100 , f5.6 , 2 frames merged , 1/20 th and 1/60th
or the beginning..
Each year i try to do at least one trip to somewhere which satisfies the photography craving! This year i finally got chance to see the forbidden place, the mighty Baluchistan, 4th and final province of Pakistan. Baluchistan, where writ of government is challenged on daily basis, however the Makran belt along coastal highway is very peaceful and carries haunting feeling of vastness. We traveled down to Iranian border in Jiwani, the last end of Pakistan. It was an amazing experience, landscape clearly shows signs burial under the sea long time ago, amazing sculptures carved by the power of wind, a remote hindu temples of Hinghlaj or Nani Mandir a sacred religious place for followers of Hinduism, in calmness of mandir we met rare Ibex goat playing in vastness of Baluchistan it gave true feeling of freedom, however the joy of trip drained quickly when i reached the last stop, the Gadani Ship breaking yard, largest ship breaking yard in the world, tough working conditions of labour and lack of safety measures held me back and i wanted to reach home sooner.
Before traveling to Baluchistan, we stopped briefly in Sindh and stayed in Mithi. I have shared Sindh trip last year you can see in Gallery on my page here. Here are few new perspectives from Sindh, you have to come back next week to see photos from Baluchistan, which are in process
1 Man carrying CharPai (a traditional bed found across subcontinent) as he see me in the field
2: When there is a man with camera everyone loves to pose for him
3: Public transport in Mithi
5: Off to work
6: More support to photographer
7: Inside village hut
9: Women in field, mostly woman in region are working
10: Field worker
11: Posing with tree
12: Making of Ajrak in small scale industry, Ajrak shawl is symbol of Sindh!
17: Hyderabad's Bangle market
Shah Jahan's mosque in Thatta
21: Makli Necropolis
Next Stop Baluchistan.....
Got there early to catch the sunrise and "early birds'. Of course the wetlands were the only area steeped in fog that morning!
And then he struck a profile pose.
My wife and I went there this past weekend. It's a wonderful place, although the crowds would probably keep me from going back.
A Google search revealed that the second shot is a common composition. The scene is in a heavily visited spot and this is about the only way to shoot these features, so I'm not surprised. That's one of the things I don't like about photographing Famous Places. No one else appears to have shot this composition in the rain, though.
Criticism is always welcome.
Sometimes you have the luck to stand at the right place on the right time. The photos are taken at Näsbyholmssjön, Scania, Sweden.
So...not knowing exactly where to post these, they have landed here.
After a hiatus from my kit, I have begun taking a look at images I took months ago as I traveled across the U.S. I was on the lookout for urban art and discovered that this art form has been around for quite a long time. C&C is always welcomed and appreciated.
Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada
The following are from a neighborhood called The Grove in Saint Louis, MO
Hope you enjoy them. I had a fantastic time wandering around city side streets and dusty trails, discovering these wonderful examples of urban art!!
I had all the results typed in, did a preview then somehow lost it all. So this is my second try at this! Thanks for all the wonderful entries for this mini. I had a tough time deciding this one.
- GrandmaR (Rosalie-Ann) - As I said before, nice looking boat. It would have been nice if the top of the sail wasn't cut off in the shot, but one gets the idea. Your black-belt granddaughter looks like she has that match won!
- Greg - I like the action in your Getting off the Ground shot. The vignette helps focus on the jumper and her tongue sticking out shows her determination! Nice height too. I also like the attitudes of the dancers in your second shot.
- Ikbart - Nice lighting in all the ballet shots. The second shot has beautiful color and composition.
- Pieter - Your second shot displays the solitude of the surfboard as well as the breadth of the ocean. Nice composition. I like the DOF of your last shot of what looks like father and son enjoying the race.
- Tatiana - Nice action shot of the Harness Racing. Your third shot is a very interesting one that I like. The only focused areas are her hands and left heel - and somehow that is a very pleasing shot that also shows action.
- Jeromy - Nice light on your surfer dude. He seems to be thoroughly enjoying the ride as well. And what's not to love about little cowboys enjoying their sport?
- BluehoseJacket - The gravel pretty much says it all in your third shot. I'll talk about your others later.
- Peter - Nice shots. The Waterski shot makes the sport look so easy and relaxed. However, the speed still comes through in the shot. I don't think I've seen that type of rope line before - one with a "seat". And nice DOF in your first shot.
- Gretchen - Nice water sport shots and BW processing. I love how clearly the Kite Surfer shows up with the BW processing.
Gretchen - the Diving photo. Really nice BW processing on this one - the light on the little girl is great. The mid-jump pose and look of anticipation and pure joy on her face makes me smile.
Jeromy- The Sheep Busting photo. Perfect focus throughout all that action going on. And perfect timing. I assume that the little guy didn't get hurt and was up right away to ride again.
BlueHoseJacket - The first auto racing photo (prototype #8). Someday, I want to be able to pan as well as you do! Wonderful speed action with the stop-focus in just the right spot. Excellent color and example of panning.
So, congratulations on the win. And now you get to host the next mini-challenge. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. (someday we'll get to know what your handle means )