3 Choices For Saturated Please Help * I Am New At This *

KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited April 18, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
hello everyone.. I am brand new to Digital Grin and to Photography, still I have thick skin and appreciate all the honest help I can get so that I can learn.

I have three entries that I have worked up for the saturated/parched challenge. This is my first try at the challenges... Your opinions are appreciated. I have read the rules, but if I am missing something, please let me know now so I do not make a fool of myself...:dunno

Thanks
Kat

514348793_BmDh6-XL.jpg514364757_EZpJQ-XL.jpg514366760_gDrMk-XL.jpg

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    I think #2 is really good. only thing I personally would do is sharpen it a bit. Smart Sharpen in photoshop is pretty good for that or you can search for other sharpening methods
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Thanks Pyro
    I do have to agree with the smart sharpen.. I will try that.. I need to bring out the contrast in the water more I guess..15524779-Ti.gif

Thank you for your comments.. and best of luck to you on making the decision on your entry too.

Kat
  • TroubTroub Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 17, 2009
    clap.gif yours is the first pics I've seen on DG. I'm not an expert or anything but I'd say your pics are pretty well saturated. ( smile )
    edited April 17, 2009
    Troub wrote:
    clap.gif yours is the first pics I've seen on DG. I'm not an expert or anything but I'd say your pics are pretty well saturated. ( smile )

Well thank you and I am a newbie too.. still trying to find my way around this place.. Best of luck to you and look forward to your submissions when you decide to jump in..:ivar

Best Regards,
    Kat
  • TroubTroub Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 17, 2009
    Thank You Kat. I'm so new I'm wondering what a thread is. As for your photos I wonder what would happen if the water was turned down very low with no splash?
    edited April 17, 2009
    Perhaps, worth another try
    Troub wrote:
    Thank You Kat. I'm so new I'm wondering what a thread is. As for your photos I wonder what would happen if the water was turned down very low with no splash?

well i tried that a few times and it just made the subject look blurry..

perhaps it was my lighting? I may try that tonight, just to see if I can enhance the saturated even more... thank for the tip..

well a thread is like a topic post all its own, like this one..

you just click on start a new thread when you have a question or statement to make.. etc.. I get lost in here sometimes..rolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    This idea is really fun... I'm no photoshop expert either but I would try to get more contrast and shadows into #1.

Also, when you post your photos, it is much easier if you post them vertically (on seperate lines) rather than posting them all on one line..

link to photo

link to photo2

etc...
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
    edited April 18, 2009
    Thanks Mike
    Hello,

Thank you for your advice.. I will be sure to put a space between them next time, I was so worried about getting them to post right the first time that I did not even notice that.. thanks..

looks like I am going to go with a parched work instead.. I will post it here.. I have gotten some good feedback on it and I feel it will be what I submit.. I just cannot get the contrast I want out of this water...

again, thanks..

Kat

Mike J wrote:
    This idea is really fun... I'm no photoshop expert either but I would try to get more contrast and shadows into #1.

Also, when you post your photos, it is much easier if you post them vertically (on seperate lines) rather than posting them all on one line..

link to photo

link to photo2

etc...
    edited April 18, 2009
    OK decided to change the entry
    Well,

It is official... I am going with a parched entry.. Will have it submitted by late tonight... thanks for all of the help and advice on these saturated ones...

Kat

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.. I will be sure to put a space between them next time, I was so worried about getting them to post right the first time that I did not even notice that.. thanks..

looks like I am going to go with a parched work instead.. I will post it here.. I have gotten some good feedback on it and I feel it will be what I submit.. I just cannot get the contrast I want out of this water...

again, thanks..

Kat