www.smugmug.com (and galleries) down?

darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
edited June 3, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Hrm -- www.smugmug.com cannot be currently reached from my house (while other sites are just fine).

Same with our albums at gladlee.smugmug.com

Traceroutes to both hosts [well, they actually both resolve to hera.smugmug.com (63.81.33.213)] fail after hitting:

13 smugmug-gw.customer.alter.net (157.130.214.214) 71.215 ms 72.042 ms 71.215 ms
14 * * *

:-{

Meanwhile, www.dgrin.com (which is behind that same gateway above at an IP of 63.81.134.20) can be reached.

Same traceroute results from my shell server at pair.com, which has different uplinks than my DSL here.

What's going on guys!?

Also -- have you guys ever posted a network diagram or any info about your servers with regards to redundancy, failover, etc.? Inquiring minds (and customers) want to know. :-}

Comments

• digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    darryl wrote:
    Hrm -- www.smugmug.com cannot be currently reached from my house (while other sites are just fine).

Same with our albums at gladlee.smugmug.com

Traceroutes to both hosts [well, they actually both resolve to hera.smugmug.com (63.81.33.213)] fail after hitting:

13 smugmug-gw.customer.alter.net (157.130.214.214) 71.215 ms 72.042 ms 71.215 ms
    14 * * *

:-{

Meanwhile, www.dgrin.com (which is behind that same gateway above at an IP of 63.81.134.20) can be reached.

Same traceroute results from my shell server at pair.com, which has different uplinks than my DSL here.

What's going on guys!?

Also -- have you guys ever posted a network diagram or any info about your servers with regards to redundancy, failover, etc.? Inquiring minds (and customers) want to know. :-}
    dittone_nau.gif
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    Baldy's sister sites, dgrin and advrider, had interruptions earlier this evening, even as smugmug stayed online. Now it appears to be smugmug's turn to go down, while the other two sites stay up.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au