Memories of New Orleans I

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited June 9, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Howdy All,

Kind of coming out of a Post Vacation Slump, seems it takes a while to get
back into the "Routine" after a Wonderful Vacation.

So here are some of the images from our trip:

878091153_msJa5-O.jpg

879307268_jrN8Q-O.jpg

878091831_NDETv-O.jpg

878092070_vWvZv-O.jpg

878092071_LFKZh-O.jpg

878092310_s7cwu-O.jpg

879308048_5xcVr-O.jpg

879308850_ERkzB-O.jpg

879309041_GjcDH-L.jpg

879310121_AoUxE-O.jpg

878094668_oFHAd-O.jpg

879309789_oxUmE-O.jpg

Thanks For Looking.
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Wonderful series of photos Craig -- I remember taking a ride on the Natchez long long ago.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Wonderful series of photos Craig -- I remember taking a ride on the Natchez long long ago.

Morning Mary,

Thanks very much for the kind reply, NO definitely has so much to see and
    do, and I won't even mention the Food:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Nice little " tour " of NO, Craig. I always look forward to a trip over there. You could spend many days just photographing the French Quarter and its environs.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Good series Craig. I just got back from NO myself and it is a marvelous place to visit and to do some photography. I miss my morning beignets at the Cafe du Monde
    891784491_FzHkT-L.jpg
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Wonderful series Craig. The colors, sharpness, and composition are especially nice on these. thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • kengladekenglade Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Boy, these really made me homesick. I grew up in NO but until April I had not been back since Katrina. Didn't want to see the results of the storm on my old neighborhood. In April, I had to go to Baton Rouge and decided to stop overnight in NO. Here are some snaps I made while I was there.

895371329_s4YiU-X2.jpg

895371268_jBDXo-X2.jpg

895371524_Vyg2z-X2.jpgWas curious about your courtyard shot. I've been experimenting with HDR and was wondering if you considered using that technique in that instance where you could have picked up detail from the courtyard itself as well as the entryway.  In any case, you done good. Thanks for the reminders.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Nice series of photographs Craig. thumb.gif
    From these images one would hardly know there was mucho weather
    disaster to that area.
    Michael
  • kengladekenglade Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    disaster to that area.

That's because the shots were made in the Quarter, which =was= virtually undamaged. Same not true in other areas, although improvement is visible.
    edited June 9, 2010
    Nice little " tour " of NO, Craig. I always look forward to a trip over there. You could spend many days just photographing the French Quarter and its environs.

Tom

Howdy Tom,

Thanks, I can't get enough of New Orleans and the surrounding area, so much history, and wonderful shooting opportunities.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited June 9, 2010
    Harryb wrote: »
    Good series Craig. I just got back from NO myself and it is a marvelous place to visit and to do some photography. I miss my morning beignets at the Cafe du Monde
    891784491_FzHkT-L.jpg

Good Gosh Harry,

I looked down and had powdered sugar all the down the front of me:D:D:D

Great Shot, you just can't go to New Orleans and not stop there as many times as you can!!!

My Wife loves those with Chocolate Milk, she grew up in and around New Orleans/Houma area.

We were having our 35th Army Reunion there, and had a blast!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited June 9, 2010
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Wonderful series Craig. The colors, sharpness, and composition are especially nice on these. thumb.gifthumb

Howdy Jack,

Thanks very much, so much to see and shoot, could have spent days there and never got close to seeing or shooting it all.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited June 9, 2010
    kenglade wrote: »
    Boy, these really made me homesick. I grew up in NO but until April I had not been back since Katrina. Didn't want to see the results of the storm on my old neighborhood. In April, I had to go to Baton Rouge and decided to stop overnight in NO. Here are some snaps I made while I was there.

Was curious about your courtyard shot. I've been experimenting with HDR and was wondering if you considered using that technique in that instance where you could have picked up detail from the courtyard itself as well as the entryway.

In any case, you done good. Thanks for the reminders.

Howdy Ken,

Thanks very much, love the image with the Big Trees and the Spanish Moss.

I was just cruising along and saw that and shot it, I am sure setting up for HDR would have produced a neat image.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited June 9, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    disaster to that area.

Howdy Michael,

Thanks very much, we really enjoyed our time there, we always love
    going and can't wait to go back.

The French Quarter wasn't really affected that much by the weather, but the surrounding "Wards" were really hit hard, and still struggling to get there lives back in order. We did go out into the 9th Ward and 8th Ward, really heartbreaking, and yet some have come back and rebuilt, and are starting anew. Brad Pitt, and Harry Connick are help to build and finance new homes, Brad's houses are "Green Homes" with Solar Panels, and green building materials and practices, then he's the one who loans them the money and holds the loan.

They are rebuilding the levee's and redesigning them also around the city, and have done a lot of work with the infrastructure, like getting the generators that run the pumps up high and off the ground so they and the Operator's will be safe if another Hurricane comes through like Katrina.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas