Please Remove My Account

MakeMeShutterMakeMeShutter GuestPosts: 386Unregistered / Not Logged In Major grins
edited November 21, 2016 in Dgrin Forum Support
Please remove my DGrin account.
Thanks,
--Shawn

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 11,573Administrators moderator
    edited January 3, 2017
    Please remove my DGrin account.
    Thanks,
    --Shawn

We have deactivated your Dgrin account, as of tonight. You won't be able to log back in - it will say you have been banned, only because that's the easiest way we can turn off access to you, and also the easiest way to reverse your Dgrin access - if you ever wish it. All your posts will remain where they were, and in full. There weren't any TOS issues with your posts - that's why we aren't deleting them.

EDIT Jan 4, 2017:
    The "Banned" function is something we had to use in the old vBulletin version of the software when deleting accounts.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • lonesometigerlonesometiger Guest Posts: 1Unregistered / Not Logged In Beginner grinner
    edited November 20, 2016
    Remove mine too, please.

Mostly because of the annoying "happy birthday"-mails that i can't turn off.
  • David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 11,573Administrators moderator
    edited November 21, 2016
    Remove mine too, please.

Mostly because of the annoying "happy birthday"-mails that i can't turn off.

The birthday visibility setting is a user choice. It could have been turned off or on only by you. Nevertheless, I have set your user status to Unregistered User (AKA Guest). As such, it will be impossible to ever log back in.
    My Smugmug
    edited December 7, 2016

The new Vanilla Version of DGrin does not support birthday functions. That isn't a suggestion or criticism. Just mentioning it as it relates to the above.

My Smugmug
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Big grins
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Beginner grinner
  • allowingtooallowingtoo Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited January 24, 2017
    OMG! I have no idea I even had this account but there is no way to get rid of it! This is the forum from Hell when you can't delete your account. And from nowhere all of the sudden people start adding you to their gmail Roku accounts without you knowing it.

David_S85 commented on SmugMug on Roku - NOW AVAILABLE !!
    January 24, 2017
    AndyVaBeach commented on SmugMug on Roku - NOW AVAILABLE !!
    January 23, 2017
    huseyin commented on SmugMug on Roku - NOW AVAILABLE !!
    January 15, 2017
    olegos commented on SmugMug on Roku - NOW AVAILABLE !!
    January 12, 2017
  • RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 17,743Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator
    edited January 24, 2017

We'll gladly delete your account if you want, but we would appreciate it if you could clarify your complaint a bit.

From what I can see, you joined Dgrin back in 2012 and made a comment in this thread: https://dgrin.com/discussion/comment/1840466/#Comment_1840466

The messages that you listed were created because other people have recently commented in that thread. Dgrin cannot affect accounts on any other site. Now what I find unclear is how you got those messages. Were they via email? I looked at your notification preferences and as far as I could tell, you shouldn't have received email notifications for anything. If you did (and haven't changed your notification preferences before I looked), we have a bug somewhere that needs fixing. Please take a minute to let us know how you got those messages.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• allowingtooallowingtoo Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    Yes. They were through gmail.
  • RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 17,743Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

Well, sorry about that. It may be because of the notification preferences you had on the old platform, but you shouldn't receive any from now on. Let me know if you still want your account deleted.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Major grins
    °Life is always seen through a lens, Just capture it°
    My Photography Page
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Beginner grinner
    Please remove my DGrin Account as well. Thanks!