Options

Shot this using a Canon T2i/550D

KelliWorldKelliWorld Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 27, 2011 in Video
Hey everybody!

The following video was shot on a Canon T2i/550D. I wanted to rent a higher end "Red" camera but my budget wouldn't allow it. My director Brian Kim insisted that we use his Canon T2i/550D instead. We added audio and edited using Final Cut Pro 2. Please let me know what you think! Thanks for watching!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVyRogGEjQ

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    Looks good! Well lit, and cut.

I find it a bit long and tiring to watch. Some of that is that the music just isn't my kind of music and I find the editing style a bit tiring after a while. But mostly you just needed more locations/setups to add variety.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2011
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Looks good! Well lit, and cut.

I find it a bit long and tiring to watch. Some of that is that the music just isn't my kind of music and I find the editing style a bit tiring after a while. But mostly you just needed more locations/setups to add variety.

Thanks for the feedback David! I appreciate it :) this was our 1st video. We're working on a new one now. Can't wait for you to review it!
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Entirely too long! If you're gonna keep a viewer engaged for that period of time, it has to have more changes! So I guess, like DavidTo suggested: locations and set-up changes.

As for the music, I liked it, but it too was just like the visuals, no real change-ups, and I think it needed them.
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2011
    Good to know for the next time :) Thanks for the feedback angevin1!
  • Options
    ruexp2ruexp2 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    I agree, just a bit to long, but I liked the tune. A couple of segments were over blown with light making their faces to bright. It's tricky shooting people with dark complexations wearing white or with a white background. To me the editing was perfect and I liked the ending page pulling back to black. I think your on to something. Keep refining and keep moving forward. Peace
    Canon 7D
    Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 VC
    Tamron 70-300mm F/4-5.6 VC
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Nexto eXtreme Image backup device 160GB
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2011
    ruexp2 wrote: »
    I agree, just a bit to long, but I liked the tune. A couple of segments were over blown with light making their faces to bright. It's tricky shooting people with dark complexations wearing white or with a white background. To me the editing was perfect and I liked the ending page pulling back to black. I think your on to something. Keep refining and keep moving forward. Peace

Thank you for the input!!!! I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind for future videos :)