Options

Wedding Fun

Jamie.Jamie. Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited May 2, 2011 in Video
This was my second wedding shoot and I have much to learn.
http://vimeo.com/23125744
f9jrkz.jpg

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    Jamie,

What is your workflow in this shoot? I like it , just as well as I liked Young Lions. Doing a great job in these!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2011
    Thanks a bunch!

Shoot workflow:
    -Scurry from place to place with my 60d, Rode Videomic, and Manfrotto monopod
    -Use a variety of lenses. In order of most utilized: Sigma 30mm, Tokina 11-16mm, Rokinon 85mm, Canon 50mm
    -Assistant took care of my gear and shot second angles of the ceremony (would have been great if she could have shot second angles of the entire wedding, but she isn't camera savvy)
    -Follow a list of events and times that the couple so kindly supplied me with

(just ask if you want any more info on my gear)

Editing workflow:
    -Dropped the native clips into an FCP timeline
    -Sent from FCP to Color for grading
    -Sent from Color back to FCP
    -Sent from FCP to Compressor (used the .h264 webcasting preset, plugged in custom export settings)
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2011
    Jamie. wrote: »

Editing workflow:
    -Dropped the native clips into an FCP timeline
    -Sent from FCP to Color for grading
    -Sent from Color back to FCP
    -Sent from FCP to Compressor (used the .h264 webcasting preset, plugged in custom export settings)

yeah, it was this part I was curious about. Thanks for including the other as well~
    tom wise
  • Options
    MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2011
    Fantastic video. Really enjoyed watching it - both for the technical perspective and just because it was fun to watch. The couple really looked happy. Congrats on capturing that alone.

I know what FCP is, but what is Color?
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words!

Color is a color grading program that comes with Final Cut Studio. It provides more advanced color correction tools than FCP has to offer and it fits in with the editing workflow perfectly. After you edit your video in FCP, you simply send it to Color for grading. Final Cut Studio is awesome and I'd highly recommend it.