Options

video on smugmug

jockjock Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 20, 2011 in Video
I'm a well accomplished photographer, but am a newbie at HD video. I have a Nikon D3s and never used the video. I just ordered a KISS (keep it simple stupid), cheap, bullet proof GoPro HD Hero video and 5Mp still camera to wear in sports. (helmet-cam, chest mount etc) I would like advice for a SIMPLE cheap, and user friendly video editing program. I mostly use my PC but have a MacBookPro. I'd like to simply edit sports video clips to 30-60 sec clips. Also pull out a single frame or so from the video. I see when I upload still images that video can be uploaded too, but the masters at SmugMug say there is currently no way to SELL video clips. Frankly, I'm only in it for the money as this is a job. I'm NOT a gnarly dude that just wants to show off my sports prowess on uTube etc. Those days are history. Is there a market for selling video (which should be better than the MWACs) (mom's with a camera) get at events due to my access, experience, and connections mostly at rodeos. I'm not ready for prime time with storyboarding, ext mic recording/editing, RedRock etc at this time. I welcome suggestions at jockg@hawaii.rr.com, but please no spammers. I'm also not so much of a blogger, "forumer", or chit chatter, or iconophile, so I will have to get used to checking this forum out. I just don't have the time working 2 jobs. mahalo from the Big Island of Hawaii, Jock

Comments

• Options
    HeavyJHeavyJ Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2011
    If you're gonna be in it for the money then you may as well spend time learning the editing ways of the pros. On PC I'd recommend Premier Pro. There are plenty of other choices however I find this allows me more freedom in many areas. Add to that After Effects and Encore and you've got what you need to be a pro seller of video. Learn now and avoid that big learning curve later. Editing video (That includes audio capture etc) takes time.

Cheap and simple is what's on your PC now, Windows Movie Maker.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2011
    You should give iMovie a shot, as well.

And the new Final Cut Pro X is due out in June. It looks fantastic and well-priced at $299.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops