Options

Whistle while you work - Ants in 1080 at larger than lifesize

WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited September 27, 2010 in Video
My first attempt at hd video other than a few tests. I'm totally clewless other than pretty much what I've read here and through some searches. Using a far from powerfull enough pc only slows my learning. Any effect I do, such as adding brightness or contrast has to be applied, then I render 10 or so seconds worth (which takes about 1 sec per frame. 30 fps = about 30 secs to render one sec of vid. Ugh), play to see how it turned out, adjust again, rinse and repeat until I either get what I want or run out of patience since my computer can't play back the vid in Pinnacle and definately not with any filters added. Compounded by the fact that I've never used Pinnacle before either and you can imagine my why learning curve has no slope.

I'm fascinated by macro stuff and thought this would be a good learning exercise. My Canon 100mm macro couldn't get nearly close enough to be interesting, even at 1:1. So, I stacked some cheap diopters I have on it to get to roughly 2:1 and set out a pop tart for bait. The larger fire ants are <1/4" and I couldn't get a measurement on the lil ones.

Any feedback, positive or negative, is GREATLY appreciated.

1021912912_cyeHf-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2010
    That's creepy weird awesome!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2010
    Haha! Thanks. It's really creepy on a big tv! I'm satisfied enough with the way this first attempt came out that I'm excited about the video potential, especially considering I have no idea what I'm doin other than applying basic still settings. I can't wait to do something a little larger, like wasps. Gotta stock up on Benedryl first!
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2010
    very hard not to whistle along with them...very upbeat!!
    tom wise