Options

DVD encoding issues, Pleas ehelp?

MnemosyneMnemosyne Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited August 29, 2009 in Video
So I'm trying to burn my sailing slideshow to a DVD. Sadly, I'm only familiar with Imovie, hadn't had a chance to try out DVD Studio yet. And while I understand that loss of quality is inevitable, I'm trying to minimize it as much as poossible.

After using iDVD on Best Quality setting, everything is fine (pictures, dvd menu, etc) except the video itself. It comes out pixelated. Even though in the preview in iDVD it looks fine.

Is there a way to turn off compression, cause the video is only 59 megs, and the total file image is about 3.2 gigs.

PS. I'm using iDVD6.
Or can anyone give a good tutorial on how to burn a DVD using DVD Studio pro 1? All I can find are tutorials on how to make a slideshow for the web, and I don't want that. I want a DVD quality DVD.
Audentes fortuna iuvat

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,815 moderator
    edited August 29, 2009
    I was hoping that someone with Mac experience would jump in, but here is my take on your situation and Mac DVD production:

If you have DVD Studio Pro 1, that is rather ancient software and the current version appears to be version 4. I find almost no support for version 1 on the Internet and nothing that helps.

Apple makes a discrete software called "iDVD" that appears to be geared towards simple DVD production. iMovie and iDVD are part of the "iLife" family of products that deal with different simple multi-media tasks.

This appears to be a fairly good primer to the process:

http://mac-dvd.com/mac-guide/how-to-export-mac-imovie-project.html
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums