Options

Editing video.

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited September 1, 2009 in Video
From the HD clips that the 5DMKII makes possible.

What would you recommend to use.

I use an imac, I don't know that I'll need anything too high tech, probably even as simple as using the imovie would work. However, I wondered about adding special effects like textures to the video as well.

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Options
    SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    If you would like to add titles, put together clips with varying transitions, add music and output to media such as the web or DVD iMovie can really do a pretty good job.

I don't know specifically about textures.

The next step up with Apple's software is Final Cut Express. This gives a lot more 'pro' features in timeline editing, text control, too many other things to list.

In making movies for folks so far I have found that the output of iMovie completely wows 99% of the people. It is like the first time they saw an iBook. With iDVD there are all sorts of templates, so the music, backgrounds, menus, etc. are all slick and done with the click of a button. Very easy.

So I guess I'd do some googling if there are specific features you want and see if iMovie can do them. If it can it really is a competent editor for basic video editing.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I agree with Steve. Try iMovie first, then FCE.

I'm not sure how iMovie handles it, but I know that Final Cut Pro cannot cut the 5DMKII files directly, as the file format is not an editing format. You need to convert them first.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops