Options

PC Software

4tay4tay Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 18, 2009 in Video
I am using a Canon VIXIA HF100 and record in full HD. I am trying to create a video from my recordings and I keep getting choppy video. Is there a program (not basic, but not too advanced) that will take the videos off of the AVCHD Camcorder and convert them in a clear format similar to iMovie? Thanks in advance for all help.

Comments

• Options
    BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    4tay wrote:
    I am using a Canon VIXIA HF100 and record in full HD. I am trying to create a video from my recordings and I keep getting choppy video. Is there a program (not basic, but not too advanced) that will take the videos off of the AVCHD Camcorder and convert them in a clear format similar to iMovie? Thanks in advance for all help.
    Since you're on a PC, I recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Edition. You can follow my decision making process in this thread.

I don't know what you mean by "clear format," but you can also see my settings for exporting full aspect 720p movies in Post 61 of this thread.
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2009
    BenA2 wrote:
    Since you're on a PC, I recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Edition. You can follow my decision making process in this thread.

I don't know what you mean by "clear format," but you can also see my settings for exporting full aspect 720p movies in Post 61 of this thread.

I followed your thread using Vegas Pro and the program was running for 4 hours trying to render HD video (6 minutes worth) and it was only at 2%. Do you have any recommendations for settings for HD (1920x1080)?
  • Options
    BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2009
    4tay wrote:
    I followed your thread using Vegas Pro and the program was running for 4 hours trying to render HD video (6 minutes worth) and it was only at 2%. Do you have any recommendations for settings for HD (1920x1080)?
    I haven't rendered to that high of a resolution. But, on a 2.2 GHz dual core my 720p render time is about 6:1, so it would take me 36 minutes to render 6 minutes of 720p. 1080p is 2.25 times the resolution of 720p. So, assuming render time is directly proportional to resolution, and I'm not limited by RAM, I estimate it would take my system 81 minutes to render six minutes of 1920x1080.

What kind of processor are you rendering on? Does it meet the minimum Vegas requirements for HD? How much RAM do you have?
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2009
    BenA2 wrote:
    I haven't rendered to that high of a resolution. But, on a 2.2 GHz dual core my 720p render time is about 6:1, so it would take me 36 minutes to render 6 minutes of 720p. 1080p is 2.25 times the resolution of 720p. So, assuming render time is directly proportional to resolution, and I'm not limited by RAM, I estimate it would take my system 81 minutes to render six minutes of 1920x1080.

What kind of processor are you rendering on? Does it meet the minimum Vegas requirements for HD? How much RAM do you have?

4GB RAM. 2.5GHz dual core. I got it to finally work.

How do you get the files off of the AVCHD camcorder into the software?