Options

Video Converter

webbnathanwebbnathan Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 1, 2009 in Video
My video camera is the Sony Handycam DVD. I've been converting my files from the camera with ImToo DVD Ripper to mpeg -4 files. I then upload those to smugmug.

My question is: is this the right way in going about it to get the best quality from my videos? Is there another way? I bought the Quicktime Pro but can't seem to convert my DVD files with this software for it doesn't see my DVD files in the CD rom?

Anyways, looking for advice in getting the best quality of conversion from my raw DVD disk from my Sony camera. Any help?

Comments

• Options
    norcalshooternorcalshooter Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    webbnathan wrote:
    My video camera is the Sony Handycam DVD. I've been converting my files from the camera with ImToo DVD Ripper to mpeg -4 files. I then upload those to smugmug.

My question is: is this the right way in going about it to get the best quality from my videos? Is there another way? I bought the Quicktime Pro but can't seem to convert my DVD files with this software for it doesn't see my DVD files in the CD rom?

Anyways, looking for advice in getting the best quality of conversion from my raw DVD disk from my Sony camera. Any help?

I use handbreak and mpeg streamclip on the mac, not sure if they are windows also.
    You might also take a look at www.versiontracker.com and search your OS for something.
    Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway.
    Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes. - Old Honda Manual
    --
    If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies,
    jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. -- Glenn Clark
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif][/FONT]