Options

Win Movie Maker Chokes on 1,000+ pics for Stop Motion

jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
edited April 12, 2009 in Video
I need a program setup for taking LOTS of pictures and putting them into a stop-motion style video.

I've used Windows Movie Maker to do a few of these, but now I'm using a GoPro camera to take either pic-every-2-seconds or pic-every-5-seconds sets, so just this past weekend I have a few projects where I've got 3,000-5,000 pics of each event.

Also, WMM will only go to 8 pics per second / .125 is as 'short' as each picture can be. I'd like to get more - like 24fps or 30fps, etc.

Can anyone suggest a good way for me to put these together?

I'm using LR to export the photo files, and can reduce them in size if needed, but still want to have an HD video in the end....
John in Georgia
Nikon | Private Photojournalist

Comments

• Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    download the free trial of Adobe Premiere. I think it should be able to handle what you want to do.
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    This is what compositing software is designed for. After Effects, Shake, Combustion etc. will all handle thousands of frames and will let you do any other tweaks (colour, exposure, even stabilisation) easily.

If you're wanting something free, there's a few open source or freeware options.

http://www.spafi.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=30
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]