Options

HELP! HD Editing Nitemares!

US HD NewBeeUS HD NewBee Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 2, 2009 in Video
Hello all! I am new to all of this, and not the greatest computer guy in the world... That having been said, I recently purchased a KODAK Zi6 HD 720p camcorder. (I know not the greatest, but I'm just starting out) I am having trouble finding the right software to edit my movies with. I am just looking for something that's easy to use and does HD mpeg4, h.264 editing. And possible chroma color green screen as well. I have also recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv5-1235dx laptop with a 320G hard drive and intel core2 duo processor. I basically want to make nice 16:9(complete full screen, not compressed/condensed) 720p short films for You Tube and what not. I have downloaded trial versions of MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 15 (very confusing software), Pinnacle Studio 12 (which I liked, but gets bad reviews) and now I am trying Corel VideoStudio Pro X2 (also kind of confusing when I try to export, not sure which export to use for mpeg4 h.264 videos, I used the HDV 720p 30p for PC) PLEASE, would someone please give me a little insight into what the heck I am doing and where to go from here. I really am not that concerned about the HD quality (I don't think it's that bad for what I'm doing) of my Zi6 camera, but really want my videos to be uploaded in the same size and aspect ratio that I record them in. HELP! Any suggestions. AND SORRY if I started a new strand when I shouldn't have, I am new at this!
Thanks, Christopher...:scratch

Comments

• Options
    BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Edition
    HELP! Any suggestions. AND SORRY if I started a new strand when I shouldn't have, I am new at this!
    Thanks, Christopher...headscratch.gif
    Since you're on a PC, I recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Edition. You can follow my decision making process in this thread.

You can also see my settings for exporting full aspect 720p movies in Post 61 of this thread.
  • Options
    tijosephtijoseph Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    I haven't tried vegas, but can tell you that I have nightmares with premier pro. Just bought Final cut pro for my mac book pro and it seems to handle it the best.
  • Options
    US HD NewBeeUS HD NewBee Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 2, 2009
    Thanks!
    Thanks, I've finally figured it all out and am going with the Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro Pack. I really appreciate the input. Wish me luck...wings.gifclap.gif :ivar bowdown.gif
    BenA2 wrote:
    Since you're on a PC, I recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Edition. You can follow my decision making process in this thread.

You can also see my settings for exporting full aspect 720p movies in Post 61 of this thread.