Options

Once i made advertisment..

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited May 5, 2009 in Video
there was a requirement to create advertisement in my business communication course it had nothing to do with video editing stuff.

Me and my group members came up with this..i was behind camera and all editing stuff while they were actors:D . We shot whole advertisement in one day. Too bad Mercedes didn't let us inside the showroom and it was totally insane when guy of Mercedes said "We don't want to feature our product in such a low quality advertisement of university project" that boiled me but anyway who cares about Mercedeze when there is BMW.

Surprisingly everyone in our class got the concept of advertisement when it was played in our auditorium but our professor didn't get it. Actually this is 1st Job site commercial ever made in Pakistan at any level :wink. I don't know if there is advert with similar concept it came in my head one night when i was about to sleep....

<object width="425" height="318">

<embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf&quot; flashvars="s=ZT0xJmk9NTI4MzM3ODkyJms9YXU1SmkmYT03NTk4NjUyX2QycXJlJnU9YXdhaXM=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="318"></object>

Seems like i am leaning toward DSLR with video thinking to make small documentaries of monuments and places i visit to shoot still images:scratch Don't have bones to get 5dmk2 thanks God canon added video in new rebel. This one was shot with Sony Cyber Shot H5
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Very nice first video effort, I can only hope my first attempt will be as good. I like the creativity, but it seems to be a little long, and convoluted for an advertisement.

Here in America we are inundated with adds from every place possible, so we ignore them unless they have immediate punch or something to attract us. Even after the first attraction we have very short attention spans, so the add must keep us looking, and get to the point fast.

TV adds here are very expensive. The longer they are the more expensive.

Sam
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2009
    Hey Sam thanks for the information ! It will be useful for me to solve case studies in Marketing they all are mostly from USA so need to know Americans in depth mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Hey Sam thanks for the information ! It will be useful for me to solve case studies in Marketing they all are mostly from USA so need to know Americans in depth mwink.gif

I don't believe it's possible to know Americans in depth. We are a large and very diverse nation. American political views range from the far left to the far right. Virtually all religions of the world are openly practice here without fear. We have urban, and rural environments. We have rich and poor. We have all shades of skin color and ethnicity. We have freedom.

We are a very unique and complex nation.

Sam
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    I don't believe it's possible to know Americans in depth. We are a large and very diverse nation. American political views range from the far left to the far right. Virtually all religions of the world are openly practice here without fear. We have urban, and rural environments. We have rich and poor. We have all shades of skin color and ethnicity. We have freedom.

We are a very unique and complex nation.

Sam

Same here but i agree America is more diverse than any other country in the world, It is very difficult to know about other nation but i think one should keep observing and learning about them.

My Gallery
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Perhaps you give American's too much credit here Awais, however, one thing that "America" has clearly done is take advertising from an art to what many will argue is a science.

Most ads on American television are the result of extensive studies, tests, surveys and are created specifically to get a specific psychological reaction from the viewer.

As Sam suggests, most American's are used to 30 second ads, primarily because it was found that humans have a difficult time focusing on an ad for longer than 30 seconds, therefore, you will find few ads longer than 30 seconds, and longer ads are found to be ineffective. Today, we see many ads that are now 15 seconds! Yours at 2 mins may be why your prof does not get it: perhaps he stopped watching mentally mwink.gif

Here is an interesting article that describes some of the 'psychology' of advertising:

http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct02/advertising.html

Oh by the way...nice job!
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2009
    cmason wrote:
    Perhaps you give American's too much credit here Awais, however, one thing that "America" has clearly done is take advertising from an art to what many will argue is a science.

Most ads on American television are the result of extensive studies, tests, surveys and are created specifically to get a specific psychological reaction from the viewer.

As Sam suggests, most American's are used to 30 second ads, primarily because it was found that humans have a difficult time focusing on an ad for longer than 30 seconds, therefore, you will find few ads longer than 30 seconds, and longer ads are found to be ineffective. Today, we see many ads that are now 15 seconds! Yours at 2 mins may be why your prof does not get it: perhaps he stopped watching mentally mwink.gif

Here is an interesting article that describes some of the 'psychology' of advertising:

http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct02/advertising.html

Oh by the way...nice job!

Thanks for the input but i must say some adverts were 5 mins long ! actually it was more like a fun project as our class fellows were actors so it was fun to watch what people were doing infront of camera:D we had no information about advertisements. One day our professor came into the room and gave us this task may be he was trying to build confidence among students by sending them outdoor and dealing with people to get permission and thinking out of box. Any way i learned a lot from the project and i am still learning !

I agree it was too long even people here don't like to watch that long commercials.

My Gallery
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited May 5, 2009
    That was cool! Nice job, Awais! And I "got it" too. nod.gif

Cheers,
    -joel