Options

Video from Colorado and Utah Trip

jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
edited October 31, 2008 in Video
Hi All,

Here's a few videos from my trip a few weeks past to colorado and utah. All were shot with my Cano HV-20 camera. I'm pretty happy with the results overall, but I found out after the fact that my tripod level is wrong, and all my videos are tilted. I use Windows Movie Maker for processing my movies. Do other movie making tools allow small incremental rotations and crops?

<object width=640 height=480><embed src="http://www.langfordphotography.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; flashVars="s=aT0zOTQwOTU3Mzgmaz03RzV3TCZhPTYxOTk0NzhfUjZqdGYmdT1qYW1lc2wmZT0x" width=640 height=480 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Sunrise at Mesa Arch in Cayonlands National Park

<object width=640 height=480><embed src="http://www.langfordphotography.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; flashVars="s=aT0zOTQwOTEyODMmaz1wMndBYSZhPTYxOTk0NzhfUjZqdGYmdT1qYW1lc2wmZT0x" width=640 height=480 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Sunset at "The Garden of Eden" in Arches National Park

<object width=640 height=480><embed src="http://www.langfordphotography.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; flashVars="s=aT0zOTQwOTM3MDAmaz1rbjdyMiZhPTYxOTk0NzhfUjZqdGYmdT1qYW1lc2wmZT0x" width=640 height=480 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Late Morning at Maroon Bells National Recreation Area

<object width=640 height=480><embed src="http://www.langfordphotography.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; flashVars="s=aT0zOTU2NzA5MTAmaz1IOHpwbiZhPTYxOTk0NzhfUjZqdGYmdT1qYW1lc2wmZT0x" width=640 height=480 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Cloundy Sunrise at Maroon Bells National Recreation Area

<object width=640 height=480><embed src="http://www.langfordphotography.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; flashVars="s=aT0zOTQ3NTU3Mzkmaz1obTRObyZhPTYxOTk0NzhfUjZqdGYmdT1qYW1lc2wmZT0x" width=640 height=480 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Fall Stream in Rocky Mountain National Park

Thanks for looking!

James

Comments

• Options
    MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Thanks for sharing James. I really enjoyed them. Sounds like you had a great trip.
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    wow those are great! have they been picked up for broadcasting?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    RayLarsonRayLarson Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    I use Final Cut Pro which allows for rotation of the frame to correct tilted horizons. I also use Avid and VT5 which also allow correction.
    Ray Larson
    Nikon D80, D300, D700 all gripped, Nikkor 50 f1.8 Nikkor 18-200 VR Nikkor 70-200 VR f2.8 Nikkor 28-300 VR, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 Sigma 80-400 OS Sigma 150-500 OS Nikon SB600
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2008
    Thanks for sharing James. I really enjoyed them. Sounds like you had a great trip.

Thanks! It was pretty amazing. It's always impossible to capture just how amazing each of the places was, but I at least have something to remind me of the trip. :)

James
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2008
    wow those are great! have they been picked up for broadcasting?

Thanks Aaron. Ha, no, no broadcast on these guys. :) I think me continuously bumping the camera will keep that from happening. I need to get a heavier trip for my video, that is for sure. :)

James
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2008
    RayLarson wrote:
    I use Final Cut Pro which allows for rotation of the frame to correct tilted horizons. I also use Avid and VT5 which also allow correction.

Thank you Ray. I'll check those programs out. thumb.gif

James
  • Options
    20DNoob20DNoob Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Thanks for posting James, I've fond memories of Arches. I lived and worked 5-10 minutes from the Bells(read driving by on 82) for two seasons but was never fortunate enough to get to them.

Was Independence Pass open when you were there and if so did you go up and over?
    Christian.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D and a couple bits of glass.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    20DNoob wrote:
    Thanks for posting James, I've fond memories of Arches. I lived and worked 5-10 minutes from the Bells(read driving by on 82) for two seasons but was never fortunate enough to get to them.

Was Independence Pass open when you were there and if so did you go up and over?

Thanks! Too bad you never made it up to Bells. What a beautiful area. Kind of expensive to get in, but my parks pass worked for it. :)

Independence Pass was open, and I went over it on my last day, as I headed back to Denver. What a crazy road. It was a bit intimidating, as the sun was very low in the sky and in my face a lot of the way. I didn't really get any pics there, but the scenary was very nice.

James