Software To Add Fire To Fireplace

Tom PotterTom Potter Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins

Hi There,

I use Lightroom and do not wish to use PhotoShop. Is there some software or Lightroom plugin that will allow me to make an unlit fireplace appear to be lit?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Potter
www.tompotterphotography.com
Email: tom@tompotterphotography.com
Landscape, Nature Photographic Prints For Sale
Focusing On Colorado

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited January 20, 2017

I once did a shoot where I just placed a (very) small lamp behind the logs. Shot twice with and without, so I could more easily edit out the cord later by combining the shots.

Another no-cost idea is editing via PicMonkey (web-based). There is a smoke and fire tool in there. Additionally, Smugmug has PicMonkey built in at certain levels as an edit option.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited January 20, 2017

Any (raster) image processing software which supports "Layers" can help with this. GIMP is the ubiquitous solution in that it exists for all major operating systems and supports older versions of operating systems.

(It's always a good idea to mention specifically which OS you use, in order to get more pertinent and directed answers. For recent Windows systems I also strongly recommend Paint.NET.)

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

I moved this to the "Finishing School" forum where we discuss software related issues.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Tom PotterTom Potter Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins

Thank you So much for your input, gentlemen! Really appreciate it! : ) BTW, Windows 7

Tom Potter
    www.tompotterphotography.com
    Email: tom@tompotterphotography.com
    Landscape, Nature Photographic Prints For Sale
    Focusing On Colorado