Options

Thread Navigation queries/suggestions

arjunrcarjunrc Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited November 1, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

a) Is it possible to offer a 'vertical' thread navigation view. Right now its a horizontal pane (in the threaded-mode). The problem is that each time I do 'previous' or 'next' in the 'navigation tree' pane, I need to scroll down and read. If you offered a vertical split then I would not have to scroll at all - just keep hitting prev/next and peruse all threads. A formfactor nit for me

b) How do I view all my threads (I don't want to subscribe or anything - just click on a url that will take me to all the threads I participate in - something like the dpreview 'my threads' option - I may have missed it

thanks

regds
arjun

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2004
    arjunrc wrote:
    Hello,

a) Is it possible to offer a 'vertical' thread navigation view. Right now its a horizontal pane (in the threaded-mode). The problem is that each time I do 'previous' or 'next' in the 'navigation tree' pane, I need to scroll down and read. If you offered a vertical split then I would not have to scroll at all - just keep hitting prev/next and peruse all threads. A formfactor nit for me

b) How do I view all my threads (I don't want to subscribe or anything - just click on a url that will take me to all the threads I participate in - something like the dpreview 'my threads' option - I may have missed it

thanks

regds
    arjun

I think one answer to your second question can be found in your Public Profile (your name beside each post.) When I click on it, I can see both links to threads you've responded to, and separately, threads you've started.

An easy way to get to that page is to click on your name in the Member List (at the top of each page.) I suppose you could bookmark that page.

Isn't it also possible to subscribe to a thread, and thus get e-mail notifications when there's a new post in it? Kinda messy, which is why I don't use it... but it would serve the same function.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    arjunrcarjunrc Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I think one answer to your second question can be found in your Public Profile (your name beside each post.) When I click on it, I can see both links to threads you've responded to, and separately, threads you've started.
    Aha. Gotcha. I knew it must be there somewhere. Thanks.
    And I agree, subscription is a horrific way for this purpose.

regds
    arjun