Options

Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    gwendolyn wrote:
    Yes and no. I tried that plug in, it didn't work so I tried another one.
    Hi Gwendolyn, this is the plugin that works for nearly anyone I've seen - give it another try, if you have trouble, post exactly what happens here, Jeffrey (the author) monitors this thread. Thanks!
  • Options
    gwendolyngwendolyn Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Okay, I tried it again and it's still not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's in my Export Actions Folder but it will not come up in Post Processing Menu. AHHHHH! I have been working on this for hours!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!:cry
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Gwendolyn, this is the plugin that works for nearly anyone I've seen - give it another try, if you have trouble, post exactly what happens here, Jeffrey (the author) monitors this thread. Thanks!
    Eh, eh. hadn't read the whole thread. Yup, same plugin.

Lightroom Acations Folder is not where it goes. LR Plugins is where it goes. What version of LR are you using gwendolyn and what OS? On a Mac clicking the plugin should install it in the dcorrect place.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    gwendolyngwendolyn Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    I am using Windows Vista and Lightroom 1.4 - Okay, now I got it to work, but I got an error message saying that some might not have transfered. I can't even tell what transfered because it's taking forever to get in to my site.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    gwendolyn wrote:
    I am using Windows Vista and Lightroom 1.4 - Okay, now I got it to work, but I got an error message saying that some might not have transfered. I can't even tell what transfered because it's taking forever to get in to my site.

yes, you get that error, but it works. go back to the site where you got the plug in and read the page, it will explain the error
  • Options
    Barry NicholsBarry Nichols Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    Upload Problems
    I have gotten this error twice today uploading files. Several upload and then the message. I restart the process and it completes. I am uploading from Lightroom using the JF Plugin. Any ideas?

294876363_4ryzz-L.png
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    I got this error message (below) but don't know what it measn - does it matter? The upload aborted after I clicked ok

I was using a G5ppc mac on 10.4.11 uploading with the lightroom SM plug-in

Also until this message occurred it had been uploading ok but it had taken all night to upload 86 images that seems slow to me-is it? - since I reset it , it seesm to be uploading faster.?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    and now LR just quit after uploading about 8 of 16 images to SM
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    AlwaysWantMoreTimeToShootAlwaysWantMoreTimeToShoot Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 17, 2008
    Help with Jeffrey Friedl's plugin for Lightroom
    I was unable to make the plugin work for either LR 1.4 or 2.0. My error message read:
    An internal error has occurred:[string "SmugMug.lya"]:
    271: attempt to index local 'Result Body' (a nil value)

Any thoughts? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2008
    I was unable to make the plugin work for either LR 1.4 or 2.0. My error message read:
    An internal error has occurred:[string "SmugMug.lya"]:
    271: attempt to index local 'Result Body' (a nil value)

Any thoughts? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
    Jeffrey does not have a publicly available plugin for V2.0 as yet, the Beta is a moving target. I am sure he will have one available for 2.0 Final, when it comes out.

The current version is smugmug-20080516.41.zip from Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug, though the previous 20080411.40 works well for me.

What version are you using?

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    AlwaysWantMoreTimeToShootAlwaysWantMoreTimeToShoot Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 18, 2008
    Don, thank so much for taking time to post a comment. I kept working to see if I could discover what was wrong. I got an email from Jeffrey( who lives in Japan) asking a few additional questions as well. He said that error message means I am unable to connect to Smugmug. I do have the internet on the machine and was able to browse and connect to Smugmug, just not with the plugin.
    The computer I was using I have used for photography and have not put email/outllook so as to avoid viruses etc. Something in the way the plugin has been written will not allow the plugin to connect from the plugin to smugmug. I did get Jeffrey's plugin to work on my notebook computer which is how I figured out that it has to have something to do with the lack of outlook. I don't know enough to know what kept the program from working but in case anyone else has the same problem, that's what caused the error message. He told me he would let me know after he followed up if there is anything other than outlook that I can add to the machine so that I can use Jeffrey's plugin from lightroom to smugmug. Hope that makes sense. Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    You're welcome. I am glad to hear you are getting direct help from Jeffrey.

He is not only in Japan, but regularly post interesting pictures of Japan on his Blog at the same site you download the plugin from.

Don
  • Options
    toedoctoedoc Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 24, 2008
    Lightroom Plug-in issues
    I have downloaded (and loaded) the latest LR plug-in (xxx.42). However, when I exit and restart LR, it still shows my old version. As a result, I am unable to upload my photos. What am I doing wrong?
    Toedoc
  • Options
    GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    I got this error message (below) but don't know what it measn - does it matter? The upload aborted after I clicked ok

I was using a G5ppc mac on 10.4.11 uploading with the lightroom SM plug-in

Also until this message occurred it had been uploading ok but it had taken all night to upload 86 images that seems slow to me-is it? - since I reset it , it seesm to be uploading faster.?

I have been having the same problem the last few days. Until now the LR export has worked fine, but now I get the following:

Unexpected reply from Smugmug
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <rsp stat="ok">
    <method>smugmug.images.upload</method>
    <Image id="301048474" Key="LXzmg" URL="http://giphsub.smugmug.com/gallery/3277595_wUGXZ#301048474_LXzmg"/&gt;
    </rsp>
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 25, 2008
    Make sure you have version 20080516.41 or later.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    I'm having trouble with the plug-in.

When I try to run it, I get this:

20080526-xhsumym9pprtb6p62mqxaymj9i.preview.jpg

When I try to run the update (it sez I need to update), I get this:

20080526-tdune5ujp2tmpn6n2sm5c43rxu.preview.jpg

I'm running LR 1.4.1 on OSX 10.5.2
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    toedoctoedoc Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    I'm having trouble with the plug-in.

When I try to run it, I get this:

20080526-xhsumym9pprtb6p62mqxaymj9i.preview.jpg

When I try to run the update (it sez I need to update), I get this:

20080526-tdune5ujp2tmpn6n2sm5c43rxu.preview.jpg

I'm running LR 1.4.1 on OSX 10.5.2
    I get the same exact error messages. I've tried versions 41 and 42. No difference. Someone help us!
  • Options
    tgelstontgelston Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Keywords have quotes
    Very nice plugin, thanks so much.

I spent most of the day yesterday playing with keywords and exporting to smugmug. I can't seem to get parent keywords or synonyms to show up in smugmug. When I export as a jpg to the desktop they show up but when I use the export plugin in LR to get them on smugmug only the child keyword shows-up.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Tobias
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    toedoc wrote:
    I get the same exact error messages. I've tried versions 41 and 42. No difference. Someone help us!

Broken here too...Posted on Jeffery's site, but my post got deleted....others are seeing similar probs
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    toedoc wrote:
    Are you sure that you have version 20080523.42 *installed*? Check our wiki screenshot of how your plugin screen should look like and make sure that you see the proper version number in it.

If you don't have the latest version *installed*, check these instructions on how to do that:
    http://regex.info/blog/2007-11-17/638

If you keep having problems, please post a screenshot of your plugin screen.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    FYI: I was having problems, and found that I was NOT running the current version, even though I have installed it twice. I found out that, for some reason, I have this installed in two places on my Mac:

1) username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules

2) Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules

I suspose the first is user specific, the second is global. The second one is the one that counts, I believe I created the first by mistake last time I did an upgrade. Once I got the plug-in installed in the global folder, it works. Double clicking the plug-in made Finder automatically install, but in the 1st foler, by the way.
  • Options
    GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Thanks Sebastian and Cmason. I just deleted all the plugins from both the folders cmason referred to there and then downloaded the newest update that Sebastion linked, and installed it in the Macintosh HD appropriate folder as shown by cmason. Restarted and tried the export and now it works! wings.gifthumb.gif Cheers!
  • Options
    FinalshotFinalshot Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 31, 2008
    LR NOT uploading to SM anymore
    I'm sorry if this issue has been raised and I missed it, but i'm getting this error message when I try to upload to SM from LR:

An internal error has occurred: [string “smugMug.lua”]:298: attempt to concatenate field ‘_session_id’ 9a nil value)

I've check to be sure that I have the latest update and that it is in the correct place.

Is there anyone that can offer any thoughts?

I did run recently a registry cleaner but i'm not savy enough to know if that is what caused the problem. I'm running Win XP Pro. . .

Thanks,

Tony
  • Options
    FinalshotFinalshot Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 31, 2008
    LR NOT uploading to SM anymore. . . .
    <table id="post839809" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_839809">I'm sorry if this issue has been raised and I missed it, but i'm getting this error message when I try to upload to SM from LR:

An internal error has occurred: [string “smugMug.lua”]:298: attempt to concatenate field ‘_session_id’ 9a nil value)

I've check to be sure that I have the latest update and that it is in the correct place.

I did run recently a registry cleaner but i'm not savy enough to know if that is what caused the problem. I'm running Win XP Pro. . .

Thanks,

Tony
    www.tonybynum.com
    <!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2"> user_online.gif </td> <td class="alt1" align="right"> <!-- controls --> edit.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    Finalshot wrote:

It's working fine for me. Did you go to jeffrey's blog and ensure you got the latest version?
  • Options
    firststring74firststring74 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Image uploader for Lightroom wont work....
    Help! I am trying to get my pics up from the horse show and what worked last week, won't work this week! When I select the photos and then go to export in lightroom I get the following error:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    rsp stat="ok">
    method>smugmug.images.upload
    Image id="304817019" Key="M5aXP" URL="http://cdchambers.smugmug.com/gallery/5063227_QdaMJ#304817019_M5aXP"/>
    /rsp>

Now I'm an idiot and don't know how to interpret this, how can I get some help? I need to get this pics up in a timely manner before the next horse show.

Thanks!

Christina
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    Help! I am trying to get my pics up from the horse show and what worked last week, won't work this week! When I select the photos and then go to export in lightroom I get the following error:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    rsp stat="ok">
    method>smugmug.images.upload</method>
    Image id="304817019" Key="M5aXP" URL="http://cdchambers.smugmug.com/gallery/5063227_QdaMJ#304817019_M5aXP"/&gt;
    /rsp>

Now I'm an idiot and don't know how to interpret this, how can I get some help? I need to get this pics up in a timely manner before the next horse show.

Thanks!

Christina
    First off - you can always upload, using the SmugMug Uploader - that won't fail you :)
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures

Now, for LR, have you gotten the very latest version of the uploader? Scroll back a few posts and see Sebastian's posting.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    First off - you can always upload, using the SmugMug Uploader - that won't fail you :)
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures

Now, for LR, have you gotten the very latest version of the uploader? Scroll back a few posts and see Sebastian's posting.

Andy,

Thanks again. I like the SmugMug Uploader until I have to upload 1000 photos from a show and then it takes too long. With the plug in I compress it to 30 (just like you guys recommend) and I can get all my photos up in about 1-2 hours.

I am currently making sure the uploader is in the correct file and that I have the latest version....then off to bed for an early rising tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    ok, I'm still stuck
    So I tried to do what people advised. I deleted the old plug in and downloaded the new one making sure a copy was in the global library. I restarted LR and it still doesn't work. any suggestions?
  • Options
    kbevkbev Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Anyone figure out the Lightroom Plugin bug?
    I have used the LR plugin (for v1.3 on a Leopard iMac) successfully in the past. All of a sudden it stopped working. I get an error after the first file is uploaded. When you go to the d/l site and read the comments, there are a lot of recent posts that show the same issue. I assume there was a change in Smugmug that rendered the plugin ineffective.

there was no fix posted there, so I figured I'd try here to see if there is a workaround....

-----error detail----------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

smugmug.images.upload