Options

Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    KEEP getting this error

An internal error has occurred :[string "SmugMug.lua]:1631: attempt to compare number with nil

please help
    ~Katie~
    :barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • Options
    sealedglasssealedglass Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    Just bumped into this problem and was able to fix it w/ the info posted. Here's what I did:

- Open a terminal
    - cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/
    - rm -ri smugmug-jfriedl.lrplugin
    - emptied trash
    - downloaded .45
    - clicked to install, worked like a champ, uploading a huge batch now

I assume that the plugin always installs in the user home directory, but if you want to make sure you don't have it installed somewhere else, you can run the following commands from the terminal:

- cd /
    - find . -type d | grep -i smugmug

And then browse to the plugin location and remove as above.

Thanks again for those who mucked around with this to find the remove fix. :)

I Simonius wrote:
    sorry can't remember exactly what it was that I used in the search, nothing clever I assure you, probably 'plug-in' or something like that. I may have tried a few times but it would have been what ver the plug in was actually called, but not all of it in case it wasnt exact

I think the important thing was to make sure the trash was emptied before even downloading the new version
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    I'd be interested to hear if there are any plans on incorporating any smugvault support in this exporter (uploading the RAW file along with the JPEG in one step).
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    I'd be interested to hear if there are any plans on incorporating any smugvault support in this exporter (uploading the RAW file along with the JPEG in one step).
    It's in the API and Jeffrey knows the ability is there now, it's just a matter of time, probably deal.gif
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 29, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:

Apparently, Jeffrey is adding support for Lightroom v2
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    Apparently, Jeffrey is adding support for Lightroom v2

yeah I think that was the difference bwtween xxx.44 and xxx.45mwink.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I keep getting a "Wrong Format" error while uploading. Any ideas ne_nau.gif
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    BwingerwingmanBwingerwingman Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 7, 2008
    re: LR smugmug plugin
    HELP...

I am having a tough time getting the LR smugmug plugin to to function properly at all.

My windows XP pro system is as follows:

xp pro
    4gb ram
    2.8 dual core intel
    2 x 640gb hd
    2 x 320gb hd
    2 x 250gb hd

adobe LR 1.4.1 with latest xxx.46 smugmug plugin installed

I was able to load my 'first' gallery consisting of approx 200 photos successfully. However, anything following this will not upload properly - singles or multiples. I keep getting the error:

An internal error has occurred: Win32 API error . when calling
    >> httpsendrequest. ' etc'.....

I have tried reinstalling LR twice with no improvement.

I have tried uploading files, folders, multiple files, single files... nothing seems to be uploading... it seems that it will load the first file that is highlighted in the group, but will not upload anything after that.... I then get the error msg.

pics are JPG and were either taken with a canon sd800 p&s or 40d.

Could the problem be the 'files' be 'too large' in size? Max size is about 5mb. I don't suspect this to be an issue though.

I have comcast broadband - so bandwidth should not be an issue.

I also disable my firewall and security mcafee suite to see if that was an issue... no difference...

Any help is appreciated. I am not a SW guru, and don't do any prgming except a little bit of html... but I am also not a sw hw idiot either... but I am not sure why I am getting the error?

Regards,

Brian
  • Options
    largelylivinlargelylivin Registered Users Posts: 561 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2008
    Lightroom upload Metadat problems
    I'm using Lightroom and SE* to upload my photos.
    1. When I add keywords in Lightroom they get truncated on the way to Smugmug
    2. I added captions in Lightroom but they don't show-up in Smugmug
    Brad Newby

http://blue-dog.smugmug.com
    http://smile-123.smugmug.com
    http://vintage-photos.blogspot.com/

Canon 7D, 100-400L, Mongoose 3.5, hoping for a 500L real soon.
  • Options
    photonphoton Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2008
    I had both those problems once...
    I'm using Lightroom and SE* to upload my photos.
    1. When I add keywords in Lightroom they get truncated on the way to Smugmug
    2. I added captions in Lightroom but they don't show-up in Smugmug

You'll want to ensure that 'Minimize Embedded Metadata' is unchecked in the Export dialog, which allows all the wonderful info to be written to the JPEG.
    photon
  • Options
    HDVideoHDVideo Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Login box greyed out
    I have just installed the Lightroom plugin and the first time I tried to use it, I typed the wrong password and as expected, received an error message. Now, the Login box is greyed out and I can't get it to become active again.

I have uninstalled the plugin, started Lightroom, then reinstalled and tried again, but I still can't login to my Smugmug account. headscratch.gif The box remains inactive. Any suggestions?

I did see the previous post on this subject suggesting the use of a nickname instead of email address, and I tried both.
  • Options
    Scott98Scott98 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    Lightroom 2.0 Beta PLugin error
    HDVideo wrote:
    I have just installed the Lightroom plugin and the first time I tried to use it, I typed the wrong password and as expected, received an error message. Now, the Login box is greyed out and I can't get it to become active again.

I have uninstalled the plugin, started Lightroom, then reinstalled and tried again, but I still can't login to my Smugmug account. headscratch.gif The box remains inactive. Any suggestions?

I did see the previous post on this subject suggesting the use of a nickname instead of email address, and I tried both.

When attempting to use the plugin with LR 2.0 Beta,

I am getting an error:

" INternal PLugin Error

ResultBody is nil"

The error occurs once the upload process is started.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to why, how this is coming up?

I appreciate any guidance.

Scott
    ruffin.smugmug.com
  • Options
    lizstabbertphotolizstabbertphoto Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    I'm having trouble even logging in. When I type in my info and hit log in I get "Internal plugin error- Smugmug Login Aborted" and "An internal error has occurred. can't find host". Whats the deal with that?ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    HDVideoHDVideo Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2008
    HDVideo wrote:

I was not getting the error that others have reported, just the error saying I had entered an invalid username/password and then the login box would never become active again. Lightroom did not crash.

I finally got around to trying the plugin again this morning and all seems to be well now. I was able to login and successfully upload a batch of 38 pictures with no problems. clap.gif
  • Options
    dhlewisdhlewis Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    I keep getting a "Wrong Format" error while uploading. Any ideas ne_nau.gif

I'm now getting this same error. Some kind of a byte count error ? Anybody?

dale@dhlewisphotography.com
    http://dhlewisphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2008
    w00p works great with SmugVault, now thumb.gif

You upload your jpgs first, then upload again "Original" and the raw will be auto entangled and in your Vault. clap.gif
  • Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    Lightroom plugin - Can't install
    I followed the directions but I don't see a file type that LR is looking for when I go to add the SmugMug uploader plugin. Any ideas why? I downloaded the latest version for LR 2 which is what I have.

347750474_eAKPf-X3.jpg

It's looking for this file type which is just not in the downloaded zip file I downloaded. What gives?....

347750473_D9xyE-X3.jpg
  • Options
    mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    kygarden wrote:
    I followed the directions but I don't see a file type that LR is looking for when I go to add the SmugMug uploader plugin. Any ideas why? I downloaded the latest version for LR 2 which is what I have.
    You should be able to drop that directory into the directory that Lightroom needs it to be in. You shouldn't have to import the plugin, it should just show up when you go to export.

Mike.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 8, 2008
    kygarden wrote:

347750474_eAKPf-X3.jpg

It's looking for this file type which is just not in the downloaded zip file I downloaded. What gives?....

347750473_D9xyE-X3.jpg

Might see if this page will help:

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/plugin-installation/

Then further instructions here on how to actually use it once it is installed:

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Using+The+Lightroom+Plugin
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2008
    Right, I've looked through the web page on how to install it but the thing that seems to be missing is the file with the file extension of either "lrplugin" or "lrdevplugin". In all the files that get extracted from the downloaded zip file, there are no files with the previously mentioned file types. I've looked in every folder too.

I followed his directions exactly:

Installing a plugin for use with Lightroom 2 and later usually involves these steps:
    1. Downloading a zip file from the plugin source.
    2. Unzip the plugin, and move the resulting “...lrplugin” folder to wherever you'd like to store your plugins.
    3. Bring up Lightroom's Plugin Manager and register that folder with the Add button.
      (If prompted for a catalog update, do so.)
    I downloaded the zip file here:
    http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smugmug/

I unzipped it and it created a new folder on my desktop. I took that entire folder (it is named: smugmug-jfriedl.lrplugin) and stashed it into a new "plugins" folder I created. The author says with LR 2, it doesn't matter where you put the unzipped folder, but I put it exactly where he suggested in his install notes. I then went into LR 2 and opened the Plug-in Manager tool and clicked Add. I browsed to the folder where the unzipped files are that are related to this new plug-in and it just does no file any file it likes so it never gives me the option to finish the process. Like I said, it never finds the 'supported' file type it's looking for so there's nothing to select.

That's my story. :)
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2008
    Hold on....odd scenario here. It finally accepted it when I stopped at the FOLDER that was named with the ".lrplugin" I noticed that the add plug-in button highlighted when I had that folder selected....so it wasn't really a file it was looking for, it was the whole folder. Must have not noticed this when I was going through the process. Sorry
  • Options
    jimcomerjimcomer Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 29, 2008
    Lightroom
    I just bought Adobe Lightroom 2.0 and I'm having trouble uploading pictures from it to Smugmug. I tried the Lightroom upload plugin but I could not get Lightroom to recognize it as a plugin. Can you tell me how to upload pictures from Lightroom?

Thanks,
    Jim
  • Options
    chrisdgchrisdg Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Hi Jim,

I'm not the expert here, but I had no problems using this smugmug plugin within Lightroom 2 and 2.1. It works beautifully and saves me lots of time and effort.

However, I suspect your issue might be locating it within the EXPORT window, it's a bit tricky. After you install the plugin, when you choose the "FILE->EXPORT..." command, in the ensuing window, you need to click on the header area where it likely says "Files on Disk" and then choose SmugMug from the list (not Flickr as shown below). It's not entirely obvious that this graphical section of the window is basically a picklist of export options. I think they need to improve this part of Lightroom - at least by making those little up/down arrows larger.
    ExportDestination.png

If this doesnt solve it for you, please ensure that you completely followed these instructions.
    -Chris D.
    http://www.facebook.com/cdgImagery (concert photography)
    http://www.cdgimagery.com (concert photography)
    http://chrisdg.smugmug.com (everything else)

• Options
    jimcomerjimcomer Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 30, 2008
    Thanks. I got it now.
    Thanks for your help. I took a little more time and got the plug-in installed and working. Everything is fine now.
  • Options
    jlg84jlg84 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2008
    Update?
    I have been using the plugin happily for a little while, but today when I tried to use it I was told my version had expired. Unfortunately, I get error messages whenever I click on the link within the Lightroom plugin error screen, indicating that the link does not exist. Anyone else have this trouble?

Canon 5D Mark II / Canon 50D / 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye / 24-70mm f/2.8L / 16-35mm f/2.8L II / 70-200mm f/2.8L IS / 50mm f/1.4 / Speedlight 580 EX-II / Canon G9
    http://shuanglong.smugmug.com
  • Options
    HaighHaigh Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I just installed the Plugin into Lightroom 2.2 (trial) but I can´t login using the export dialog.

I insert nickname and password and all it does is show "authenticating credentials at SmugMug..." LR does not crash but never logs in. After ages I get a message box called Network Error that sais "Attempt #1 error timedOut, retrying now..."

I´ve cancelled and tried with e-mail and had no success either. Smugmug website is online.

Thanks
    Robert
  • Options
    HaighHaigh Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    Tried again today and it all worked smoothly. Great plugin!

tks
    Robert
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2009
    Bad Server Response error update:

This just in from Jeffrey:
    Hi Guys
    Thanks to a user sending a network log, I've discovered that the
    "badServerResponse" but is a local-machine problem, and not a SmugMug
    problem. Lightroom is returning that message to the plugin without any bits
    having gone out over the wire, so it's a Lightroom bug, a Windows bug, a
    firewall issue, a virus, or a cosmic glitch, but whatever it is, it's not
    your fault.

I'll keep digging away, but I don't see that there's anything you can do
    but tell your users that it's something I'm looking into....

Sorry for the hassles.
    Jeffrey
  • Options
    nselegzinselegzi Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2009
    Any news?
    I'm getting the BadServerResponse error. It's good to know it's not the PlugIn, but does anyone have any idea how to figure out what's wrong locally? Everything worked fine a month ago, now I need to upload some pictures and can't get in. The plugin is able to login to SmugMug, it shows my galleries properly, but when I click on export it returns a BadServeResponse error, counts to ten and then gets it again. When I cancel, I get he following error:

+344.2: [394D730\ =(tail call) line-1:
    Return Header ERROR
    errorcode = "badServeResponse
    name = "The requested header was not found
    "
    native code = 12150
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 12, 2009
    It is a problem with the plugin, Jeffrey is investigating.
    nselegzi wrote:
    I'm getting the BadServerResponse error. It's good to know it's not the PlugIn, but does anyone have any idea how to figure out what's wrong locally? Everything worked fine a month ago, now I need to upload some pictures and can't get in. The plugin is able to login to SmugMug, it shows my galleries properly, but when I click on export it returns a BadServeResponse error, counts to ten and then gets it again. When I cancel, I get he following error:

+344.2: [394D730\ =(tail call) line-1:
    Return Header ERROR
    errorcode = "badServeResponse
    name = "The requested header was not found
    "
    native code = 12150
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos