Options

Lowepro Modular Carrying System

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited May 3, 2005 in Accessories
Anyone use these components? Seperate lens pouches, belts, vest harness, etc...

Comments

• Options
    NHBubbaNHBubba Registered Users Posts: 342 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    I have a Lowepro toploader 70 holster bag w/ a Lenscase 3 (or 4, I forget already) attached to one side. I love the setup. My plan is to add another lenscase to the other side at some point as my lens collection (hopefully) grows. It lets me re-configure the setup as needed. I usually keep my 70-200/4 tele-zoom in the case, my 35 prime at the bottom of the top loader, and my 300D w/ kit lens and battery grip mounted at the top.

When shooting w/ the tele-zoom I can put the smaller lenses stacked in the lenscase and fit the camera w/ lens and (reversed) hood into the toploader. The fact that the toploader will take the camera w/ grip (making it like a pro sized body) w/ the large-ish 70-200 mounted was the principle selling point. None of my old bags would take the camera w/ grip to say nothing of the long lens.

I also frequently detach the lenscase and mount it on my belt. This lets me mount one lens on the camera and have another close at hand off my belt. I use a regular leather clothing belt though. I don't see the benefit of the special purpose lowepro ones..

I think it's a great system. I also have an older Tamrac pouch that is very much like the lenscase from my film SLR days. Unfortunately it will not mount to the Lowepro system as the tab is much wider. Someday I'll probably get a smaller pouch for a flash as needed as well.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2005
    Thanks for the info...
    I have a Delsey Pro 33 backpack...but with all the stuff I have in there it is only suitable for treking and hauling. For walking while shooting, I'm going to look closer at this setup.nod.gif
  • Options
    NHBubbaNHBubba Registered Users Posts: 342 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    I've got gripes w/ the bag too! It is a bit larger than I wanted. But given the criteria I had (fitting the camera + grip + zoom) there really wasn't any way around it. I'm a typical end user: I want it all and a cart to carry it home w/!

The bag is a bit unwieldy too. It has a belt loop for mounting on a belt. But the bag is so large I can't imagine using it that way. It also has this goofy harness for mounting it as a chest pack. I've yet to find a use for that.

If you don't have the same size needs/wants, then you could look at the Off-Trail series. They are already set up like my set but look to have better means of carying them..
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    NHBubba wrote:
    If you don't have the same size needs/wants, then you could look at the Off-Trail series. They are already set up like my set but look to have better means of carying them..

I use the Off Trail 2, really like it. Keeping the 70-200L on the body was a must. The tubes hold the short lens and TC, the other the flash and shoe cord. I even hook the folding stroboframe on the pack. We'll see what happens with a second body, though.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2005
    Which...
    lynnesite wrote:
    I use the Off Trail 2, really like it. Keeping the 70-200L on the body was a must. The tubes hold the short lens and TC, the other the flash and shoe cord. I even hook the folding stroboframe on the pack. We'll see what happens with a second body, though.
    ...70-200L? ne_nau.gif There's three of 'em.:D Just counting the Canons.