Options

banner is cut off

smugstersmugster Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited December 31, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello, I am a new smug mugger and have been working on making a banner following Ivar's instructions for only the home page of my site--> www.sunlitsmiles.com . While on Smug Mug and viewing the site as "the viewer sees", the entire banner is in view. When I log out and enter the web site address through Internet Explorer the top half of the banner is cut off. I am using the Elegant-Earth theme--OS is Vista--Banner is as Ivar suggests 750 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall and less than 100kb in file size. I have refreshed the page numerous times. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? :scratch
---Thanks, Kathi

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    smugster wrote:
    Hello, I am a new smug mugger and have been working on making a banner following Ivar's instructions for only the home page of my site--> www.sunlitsmiles.com . While on Smug Mug and viewing the site as "the viewer sees", the entire banner is in view. When I log out and enter the web site address through Internet Explorer the top half of the banner is cut off. I am using the Elegant-Earth theme--OS is Vista--Banner is as Ivar suggests 750 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall and less than 100kb in file size. I have refreshed the page numerous times. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? headscratch.gif
    ---Thanks, Kathi
    You have two choices, remove the big brown theme band or have you banner show on top of it.

To get the banner on top add the bold.

#my_banner {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 99;

display: none;
    width: 750px;
    height: 150px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    background: url(http://sunlitsmiles.smugmug.com/photos/445784723_2uPYm-O.jpg) no-repeat;
    }

or add this to your CSS to remove the band.

#extraDiv1 {dis play: none;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog