Options

Kayaking in Frenchman Bay Maine

PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited January 1, 2009 in Landscapes
So its cold up here there is ice flow in the ocean the withdrawls from my paddling addiction are getting pretty bad.:cry Here are some shots I got this summer while working as a sea kayak guide. c&c welcome enjoy!

433606886_JkirK-L.jpg

406790381_kB2Kn-L-3.jpg

406788689_VV7Sj-L-3.jpg

433607513_b9Rcn-L.jpg

439555818_wkPtH-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    chakraschakras Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Stunning colors in the photos. Hard to decide which one I like most. I like something about the loneliness of #1, contrasting colors in #2 and #3 and sunsets are beautiful too! clap.gifclap
    Suvendra
    http://chakras.smugmug.com/

The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!
    - Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • Options
    PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. #1 & #2 are from the same trip for #1 I framed the rest of the group out for the solitary look. When you are on the water for sunset 4 to 5 nights a week the whole spring summer and fall you get ample oppertunity for some nice shots. These were all taken with my Olympus waterproof cammera, probably one of the best investments a paddler/photographer can make. Salt water is death on electronics, but with that I don't have to worry about anything but dropping it, this allows me easy access for shots I previously couldn't get. Thanks againthumb.gif
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    Hi Peter
    Beautiful captures but I'm a sucker for sunsets so the last is my favorite. This brings back memories of a kayack trip I made along the Maine Island Trail back in '93.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    Very nice! the last 3 are my favorites... I miss Maine... thumb.gif

Winston
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    I like #2 the best. The low angle gives it some real dimension, and the softness of the water and vividness of the reflections are stunning! As for the sunsets, I like the first one with the kayakers at the left. I can never get enough of Maine sunset pictures (or sunrises, if one is in Eastport where my grandmother grew up!), but you've created a very different look by including the paddlers. IMO, it really sets that image apart. Nice series!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com