Options

yosemite meet-up information for friday

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited May 4, 2005 in The Big Picture
friday, we'll be meeting at the wawona hotel at 2pm.

i will be dividing everyone into teams, we'll be having four teams. our team leaders are going to be: denny (lark), ian, ed, and tom halliday (friend of ed's, local in the valley). we'll have four shooting sessions, all around the magic hours (fri eve, sat morn, sat eve, sun morn). marc muench will shoot with each team, that way everyone gets to have some personal time with him.

we'll be using only two cars per team, as much as is possible, to cut down on the number of cars and complexity.

your meals and drinks etc on friday lunch, dinner, saturday breakfast, lunch and sunday meals are on your own. our team captains will be sure and point all of us to the available food choices for sandwiches, drinks, etc.

not only did i hack baldy's bank account, but i managed to get into the petty cash box over at headquarters, and so smugmug is hosting a wonderful bbq dinner saturday night at the yosemite lodge, in the valley, starting at 7pm for cocktails, 8pm dinner, 9pm dessert, coffee. while we're savoring same, we'll be treated to a landscape photography exhibition by our pro-in-residence, marc muench.

that's it. we're making this event really low-key, so the itinerary is loose.

i'll be heading to calif on some biz on wed/thurs, then off to yosemite on thursday night to make sure the park is ready for us :lol3

i'm really excited about this trip!

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Me too...
    andy wrote:
    i'm really excited about this trip!

This should be fun for everyone! So we have mid day free, huh? Hmmm, where are the flowers blooming, where are some neat trees, nice reflections... probably a trip to the visitor center is in order for me after lunch.

Ode to the mother nature for some interesting weather (if it's not pouring down rain, maybe there'll be some neat wispy fog, or menacing cloud formations to spark up the rocks and reflections. I try to look on the positive side of things...
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 4, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    This should be fun for everyone! So we have mid day free, huh? Hmmm, where are the flowers blooming, where are some neat trees, nice reflections... probably a trip to the visitor center is in order for me after lunch.

Ode to the mother nature for some interesting weather (if it's not pouring down rain, maybe there'll be some neat wispy fog, or menacing cloud formations to spark up the rocks and reflections. I try to look on the positive side of things...
    I'm so jealous I can't join y'all. Hope everyone has a fantastic time.

Dee I don't remember exactly where or how far but ask at the visitor's center about a birch tree forest. I think it's on rt 99 or 41 (?).
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2005
    A birch tree forest?
    Angelo wrote:
    I'm so jealous I can't join y'all. Hope everyone has a fantastic time.

Dee I don't remember exactly where or how far but ask at the visitor's center about a birch tree forest. I think it's on rt 99 or 41 (?).

Oh wow, that would be great. I'll add it to my list. Sorry you can't make it up there this weekend....
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 4, 2005
    Dee wrote:

Dee,
    I'm bringing a Sony up there, so I can shoot some IR during the afternoon (weather permitting). I'm sure there will be wildflowers and other kewl things to macro also clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2005
    Mystery toe blister saga
    Well, I knew I wouldn't be able to do much walking or standing anyway, but I developed a mystery blister on my toe, which was lanced today.

"Don't do a lot of walking said the nice doctor..." Mainly it's for avoiding getting it dirty I think, but I need to elevate the foot when I can also. So some $$ poorer, antibiotics to take and 3 hours of lost time, I'm back home and my toe hurts mildly. Here's hoping it does feel better by Friday as the doctor promised!

So fair warning, you got to put me on a "no hiking" team.... renting one of those sit down people movers is starting to look more appealing!

I don't want to slow anyone down... so I'm willing to go it alone except for when the "pro" is available, as I would like to have that experience. There's got to be an easy photo segment, right?

It's raining today on the coast... so hope it moves across the valley tonight or tomorrow and our Yosemite weather will be, if not sunny, then interesting with neat cloud formations...
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    You guys have no idea how much I want to be there. That would combine my two biggest passions in life at one place and time. Have fun all, and send a sweet problem for me! :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited May 4, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:
    You guys have no idea how much I want to be there. That would combine my two biggest passions in life at one place and time. Have fun all, and send a sweet problem for me! :D
    Thanks!

I'm sure you've thought of this often. But you really need to come down and hang
    in the valley for a few weeks minimum. Or break it up. Go to the valley for a while
    and then over the Buttermilks and Bishop.

Myself? I am going to try and get back to AK. Ideally, I want to stay in Denali
    and shoot for at least a week. BUt then I want to motorcycle tour there too.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?