SmuggLr - for flickr, Phanfare, PicasaWeb, PhotoSite & Zenfolio refugees

Comments

• digitalmonkeydigitalmonkey Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    DigitalMonkey,

Unfortunately, Flickr doesn't allow you to access the original images if you don't have a Pro account. But you should still have access to all your albums...that is kinda confusing.

Cheers,

David

Nope, I dont even have access to the albums (Sets). It shows the last 4 Sets that Ive done and the last 200 pictures I uploaded.

I mainly used Flickr for displaying my pictures and work, not really for backup. I have local copies of everything, but it sucks that the work that I did organizing my online photos is gone unless I renew Flickr. I have to justify paying $35 more for a SmugMug account and reorganzing my photos. SmugMug has some great features, but Im not sure if its worth the extra $35.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 26, 2008
    Nope, I dont even have access to the albums (Sets). It shows the last 4 Sets that Ive done and the last 200 pictures I uploaded.

I mainly used Flickr for displaying my pictures and work, not really for backup. I have local copies of everything, but it sucks that the work that I did organizing my online photos is gone unless I renew Flickr. I have to justify paying $35 more for a SmugMug account and reorganzing my photos. SmugMug has some great features, but Im not sure if its worth the extra $35.

well unlike flickr, SmugMug has unlimited uploads, so for an additional $35 per year you get a service that you can use as a backup. thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • digitalmonkeydigitalmonkey Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    well unlike flickr, SmugMug has unlimited uploads, so for an additional $35 per year you get a service that you can use as a backup. thumb.gif

Flickr Pro which I have allows unlimited uploads.
    edited December 27, 2008
    Flickr Pro which I have allows unlimited uploads.

my bad, last time I checked flickr pro accounts had a 2GB monthly upload limit.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • JbsnaJbsna Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2009
    Picasa to Smugmug
    I am one of the sorry foos who have a picasa account.

I can't seem to get past the login screen on Smugglr. It does not offer a next button once I login to Picasa.

Help a newb out please.

rmstudio.smugmug
    edited January 3, 2009
    Jbsna wrote:

I can't seem to get past the login screen on Smugglr. It does not offer a next button once I login to Picasa.

Help a newb out please.

rmstudio.smugmug[/quote

G'day Jeff,

Can you please PM me your picasa/gmail email address.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • wondergirlwondergirl Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 4, 2009
    picasa issue
    I am having the same issue, it links to picasa's web page but doesn't give me a next screen.

What should I do?

-Sara

devbobo wrote:
    Jbsna wrote:

Help a newb out please.

rmstudio.smugmug[/quote

G'day Jeff,

Can you please PM me your picasa/gmail email address.

Cheers,

David
  • AngryScotAngryScot Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    same issue here, I get the picasa page in html and no next button enabled
    edited January 5, 2009
    bump, released version 2.8 to fix Picasa Web issue. Unfortunately, part of the Picasa integration is a bit of a hack and can get broken if Google changes the page dramatically.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • HyperiateHyperiate Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    I just used SmuggLr to transfer 2000+ photos from picasa to smugmug, but when it got to the end it told me that 31 photos could not be transferred.

Out of my dozens of galleries and thousands of photos, is there any way that I can determine WHICH 31 images didn't get transferred?

Is there a screen on smugmug which will show how many images I have per gallery so I can at least check that way?

Cheers,
    Tom B
  • AngryScotAngryScot Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    bump, released version 2.8 to fix Picasa Web issue. Unfortunately, part of the Picasa integration is a bit of a hack and can get broken if Google changes the page dramatically.
    clap.gif

will give it a go

thanks! thumb.gif
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hyperiate wrote:
    I just used SmuggLr to transfer 2000+ photos from picasa to smugmug, but when it got to the end it told me that 31 photos could not be transferred.

Out of my dozens of galleries and thousands of photos, is there any way that I can determine WHICH 31 images didn't get transferred?

Is there a screen on smugmug which will show how many images I have per gallery so I can at least check that way?

Cheers,
    Tom B

I can hook you up with that, I just need your SmugMug account name.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    I can hook you up with that, I just need your SmugMug account name.

Cheers,

David

Ahm, can you please share this useful utility, or how it works? ;-}
    edited January 7, 2009
    darryl wrote:
    Ahm, can you please share this useful utility, or how it works? ;-}

hehe, no magic. :D

I was just going to provide the output from smugmug.albums.get or smugmug.users.getTree
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • drakedrake Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    I just used smugglr to move all my pictures from flickr to smugmug man I love this app. Smugmug FTW.
    Personal Site: onlinedrake.com
    SmugMug : My Photos
    Photo Migration (Firefox) : smugglr.net
    Online Drake Store

• peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Great app. Just used it to transfer albums from Zenfolio.

But the pics all came in outta order. Some of my albums are massive & MAN it would be a real PITA to re-organize all those photos again.

Know anything I can try or what the problem might be??
  • lunadoeeyeslunadoeeyes Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    how do I get my photobucket pics here????
  • chschulzchschulz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2009
    Unfortunately the smugglr.net website seems to be down at the moment. Any ETA when it will be back? I'll have to smuggle my stuff from flickr to smugmug within the next 2 days.. many thanks.
    Chris.
  • fatdmsfatdms Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2009
    chschulz wrote:
    Unfortunately the smugglr.net website seems to be down at the moment. Any ETA when it will be back? I'll have to smuggle my stuff from flickr to smugmug within the next 2 days.. many thanks.
    Chris.
    Same problem here. Trying to migrate to Smugmug from Phanfare during my free trial period but the smugglr.net site has been down all day. Are there any alternate download links? I tried the Migratr program but for some reason couldn't get that to work.
    edited January 29, 2009
    fatdms wrote:
    Same problem here. Trying to migrate to Smugmug from Phanfare during my free trial period but the smugglr.net site has been down all day. Are there any alternate download links? I tried the Migratr program but for some reason couldn't get that to work.

G'day Guys,

Sorry for the outage.

I'm in the US at the moment, but my server is in Melbourne. With heat wave we are having there at the moment, we have had a few power outages.

It should be up at the moment.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • ViaLysViaLys Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2009
    What about Kodak Gallery movers???
    Can your miracle working magic wand please help me move my mega galleries from Kodak to SmugMug? THAT would rock. Merci Monsieur!
  • chschulzchschulz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2009
    Many thanks. Smugglr works like a charm, importing ~1000 images from flickr including tags and albums was quick and easy, much appreciated!
  • Andrew MaimanAndrew Maiman Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    Trying to use Smugglr to copy over some albums from Flickr (I use both Flickr and Smugmug) so I don't have to redo the tagging on the Smugmug side. It freezes up in different spots each time, always while retreiving the photo information from Flickr (it has stopped several times at 473/581. Any ideas? Maybe it's hitting an API limit of some kind? Here's the album I'm trying to transfer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48658866@N00/sets/72157612676269542/

I tried making a new clean Firefox profile and installing only the Smuglr add-on, this didn't change the behavior. Have plenty of bandwidth, the net connection isn't the problem.
  • helfrezhelfrez Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    Picasaweb Image Size
    The plugin worked great, but only seems to grab the large size images, not the original. Is there any way to force it to use the original image sizes? I have a paid account, so all of my images are full-sized, same with smugmug.

Everything seems to have worked and created albums proberly. Just all I get is 1600x images.... :-( any fix or am I stuck manually updating smugmug?
    edited March 6, 2009
    helfrez wrote:
    The plugin worked great, but only seems to grab the large size images, not the original. Is there any way to force it to use the original image sizes? I have a paid account, so all of my images are full-sized, same with smugmug.

Everything seems to have worked and created albums proberly. Just all I get is 1600x images.... :-( any fix or am I stuck manually updating smugmug?

No updates from anyone?
    edited March 7, 2009
    helfrez wrote:
    No updates from anyone?

I'll check into it, early next week. I'll PM you if i have any questions.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited March 10, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    I'll check into it, early next week. I'll PM you if i have any questions.

Your work is GREaTLY appreciated! I have been wanting to move out of picasa space for awhile, but didnt want to manually rebuild several GBs worth of image libraries.
  • jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    I must be dumber than a rock
    I've downloaded the file, clicked install, then looked on the "tools" menu...nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Please explain the steps to me like I'm a three-year old...I feel like one right now.

Thanks
    Jerry
    edited March 12, 2009
    I've downloaded the file, clicked install, then looked on the "tools" menu...nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Please explain the steps to me like I'm a three-year old...I feel like one right now.

Thanks
    Jerry

I think the last firefox update may have killed it. Have to wait on the author to get some time to fix it.
  • SiriusPhotogSiriusPhotog Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    SmuggLr problems..
    I'm using the latest Firefox v.3.0.7 and just installed SmuggLr. Trying to transfer over individual folders from Flickr, some work, some don't.
    The ones that don't work are the folders that seem to have more than 50 images in them but none of my folders have more than 250 images so they are not huge.
    It freezes on the line where it says "processing images". If the folder has 60 images it will work across until it gets to image 59 then it locks up.
    No problems on the smaller folders...
    Any help would be appreciated...