Options

Baseball Shots

SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
edited January 12, 2009 in Sports
Nothing great, I just thought I'd throw a few of my baseball photos up on the forum for you all to see.

9761-1.jpg

1069.jpg

1041.jpg

343.jpg

255-1.jpg

I have MANY more baseball photos, these are just a few.

I tried putting these photos up directly in the thread but the maximum allowed was only one photo. Was I doing something wrong, or does the amount you can upload have something to do with how long you've been a member here?
"12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Options
    du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Nice photos. One suggestion. Watch your horizons. On a few, they were tipping off to the right a bit.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hi Shark!

I fixed the image tags for you. When you're editing the post, make sure the image tags look like this:

[noparse]
    mypicture.jpg
    [/noparse]

That should do the trick for you--you can see what I did if you edit your post (lower right corner of your post).

Wonderful stuff too!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Good shots, I can't wait for baseball.
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    Hi Shark!

I fixed the image tags for you. When you're editing the post, make sure the image tags look like this:

[noparse]
    mypicture.jpg
    [/noparse]

That should do the trick for you--you can see what I did if you edit your post (lower right corner of your post).

I hate to sound like an idiot, but I'm not really sure what you did.
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    I hate to sound like an idiot, but I'm not really sure what you did.

[noparse]
    To link to the image, you'd use tags. To display the image, tags.  In your original post, you used the[URL] tags. Like this:

[/url]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/Shark131/1041.jpg

I added image tags to make them look like this:

1041.jpg

It's not necessary to use the [URL] tags for displaying images unless you want to link back to EXIF data or perhaps to your web site. You really only need to insert your images like this:

1041.jpg

[/noparse]

Does that make sense?[/url]
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Call me crazy - why not just use the "insert image" icon? does it not work in some internet applications? That way it puts the correct tags on.
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    johng wrote:
    Call me crazy - why not just use the "insert image" icon? does it not work in some internet applications? That way it puts the correct tags on.

That only works if you use the WYSIWYG editor :)

But there are times you might use the two tags together. Including linking to a larger version of the image or the EXIF data or even back to the gallery the image was in.
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Like this?
    843.jpg
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    Like this?

clap.gif
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Nice photos - can't wait for baseball season myself.clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Whoa
    Didn't expect it to be that huge.
    So on the front end of the link, and on the back end of the link does it?

How come I was only able to put one photo in my post originally?
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    Didn't expect it to be that huge.
    So on the front end of the link, and on the back end of the link does it?

How come I was only able to put one photo in my post originally?

If you were trying to attach an image, you can only post 1 per reply.

Size is determined by the image you've uploaded. For SmugMug, you have several different sizes you can pick. I'm not as familiar with photobucket.
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    It's cold & 19 degrees here with snow......& now you have me wishing it was baseball season......thanksrolleyes1.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    munmimunmi Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    dbaker1221 wrote:
    It's cold & 19 degrees here with snow......& now you have me wishing it was baseball season......thanksrolleyes1.gif

DITTO...... Well done
    Scott

www.smitchellphotography.com
    Munising, Michigan
  • Options
    Guido5Guido5 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    Hi Shark!

[noparse]
    mypicture.jpg
    [/noparse]

Wonderful stuff too!

ian...well done!

For quite some time I've been trying to figure this same thing out...can't get my pics to post. Feel like trying to help me out? Would like to post some of my swimming and gymnastics shots...recently created a website ActionShotsOhio.com. Please take a look. Any help would be appreciated.

Guido5
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Guido5 wrote:
    ian...well done!

For quite some time I've been trying to figure this same thing out...can't get my pics to post. Feel like trying to help me out? Would like to post some of my swimming and gymnastics shots...recently created a website ActionShotsOhio.com. Please take a look. Any help would be appreciated.

Guido5
    If you follow the same recipe, your shots should show up.

There are some situations, like a gallery that's set to private, that prevent links from working. We have a set of tutorials to help with this. You can find them here.

If you have trouble after trying these suggestions, let us know what type of problem you're having and provide us with a link and we'll give you a hand.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    If you follow the same recipe, your shots should show up.

There are some situations, like a gallery that's set to private, that prevent links from working. We have a set of tutorials to help with this. You can find them here.

If you have trouble after trying these suggestions, let us know what type of problem you're having and provide us with a link and we'll give you a hand.

Thanks. I've previously viewed the tutorials and your notes on posting pics, but still can't seem to make it work. I've gone to my website and selected a pic and copied the url to a post with before and at the end and when I preview a box with a "X" appears in the preview post.

My website that I'm selecting a pic from and trying to link/post to the Forum is http://actionshotsohio.com

The tutorial and your notes are describing the same instructions so it's obviously something I'm doing wrong. I've even tried using my snapfish and kodakgallery accounts to try and copy the url with no success.

Previously, I've had a couple post where I uploaded a photo, but this option only allows you to attach one pic at a time/post. Should I just give up and get a smugmug account and use that as my pic storage?

Also, after viewing my pics CC welcome. http://actionshotsohio.com

Thanks in advance for your time.

Guido5
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    Hi Guido,

I just looked at actionshotsohio.com. Looks like you require some authentication for you galleries (e-mail address). That's more than likely what's causing your problem if you are linking from within one of those galleries.

Here's an image from the front page--that works.

shapeimage_2.jpg

So even though you can see the images on your site, others are required to authenticate before viewing. One way to fix this might be to create a gallery that does not require an e-mail addy to access the images.
    Or, you could get a SmugMug account :D
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    Hi Guido,

I just looked at actionshotsohio.com. Looks like you require some authentication for you galleries (e-mail address). That's more than likely what's causing your problem if you are linking from within one of those galleries.

Here's an image from the front page--that works.

shapeimage_2.jpg

So even though you can see the images on your site, others are required to authenticate before viewing. One way to fix this might be to create a gallery that does not require an e-mail addy to access the images.
    Or, you could get a SmugMug account :D

Thanks. What did you do different than what I described above? I added the before andafter and I got a box with an X in the preview post. A viewer doesn't have to enter their e-mail if they do not wish. Below the space for e-mail entry is a button that allows the viewer to skip entering their e-mail address. Is it just a matter of copying the url? I've even his the insert image icon and copied the url that why...
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Nice shots! very sharp and crisp and just at the right moment of action :)
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    Guido5 wrote:
    Thanks. What did you do different than what I described above? I added the before andafter and I got a box with an X in the preview post. A viewer doesn't have to enter their e-mail if they do not wish. Below the space for e-mail entry is a button that allows the viewer to skip entering their e-mail address. Is it just a matter of copying the url? I've even his the insert image icon and copied the url that why...

I do think the e-mail thing is what's causing the problem. If you have access to the server logs, you can try it and see.

The piccie that I posted is on the front page.

I'll try a couple of things. But I'm pretty sure that e-mail page is what's causing the problem.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    Shima wrote:

Thanks Shima for looking and your comments...
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    I do think the e-mail thing is what's causing the problem. If you have access to the server logs, you can try it and see.

The piccie that I posted is on the front page.

I'll try a couple of things. But I'm pretty sure that e-mail page is what's causing the problem.

Much appreciated...
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2009
    Shima wrote:

I really enjoyed your website...has given me many ideas to think about. I've always been timid to even think about weddings, but I really enjoyed you pics...your comments about just wanting your work to pay for equipment upgrades is exactly what I'm trying to do...I have a day job!
  • Options
    SledhedSledhed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    I'm ready for baseball to start too. I leave on March 6th for Arizona to shoot spring training.