Options

Hurray! New BLOG + 2 photos from my last wedding

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited January 13, 2009 in Weddings
I finally made the jump to a wordpress BLOG! I've been thinking of it for a while, but it seemed to be too much work ... well, I had some days "off" and sat down & I love it :D I can finally post bigger photos & customize the things that I want ... was definitely worth the time:

450912588_6E4Q6-M.jpg

And here are 2 shots from my most recent wedding:

1: The ringboy laying on the dance-floor (I think he was just showing off) :rofl
450226992_uK6DL-M.jpg

2: The gorgeous looking bride - Yes, I know I have a bit of a yellow cast on her skin ... and I would usually take it away, but I kind of like it for once ...
449619266_rNuGs-M.jpg

3: and the sepia version of the pic :D

451368535_aJmsr-M.jpg
c&c welcome as always :lust

Comments

• Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    FABULOUS! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    Thank you, thank you, thank you iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Gorgeous, Angie! The new blog and the photos! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Your blog layout is beautiful. I love that background. Very cool that you noted you are able to use larger images.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Thanks Elaine & Sheri iloveyou.gif ... Yeah, I've had some troubles with blogger recently .. it started clipping my images (instead of automatically resizing them) .... I'm sure I could have just contacted them, and it would have been an easy fix, but I thought it was time for something new again ... Still need to figure out some things, but I'm definitely giving 2 thumb.gif up for wordpress (even though it took me a while to install everything properly - But that might have been my bad internet connection)
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Aaaaugh... Another thing to think about doing.

You are such a cute writer that it should be simple for you. But whenever I try to do a blog about photos of other people, my brain doesn't get on board with the writing part. I mean, how do you think of calling a sweet little newborn baby a plumb? Such a perfect word for the situation.
    All that to say: I love how you have it set up! It looks great!

And as for the photo of the bride- it is beautiful! Simply beautiful. I am wondering about a b & w of it though. The yellow isn't a bad thing, per se' but it is there and therefore someone will have an opinion about it. Great pose. Great light.
    Was this your New Years wedding? Or are you holding out on us?
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Aaaaugh... Another thing to think about doing.

You are such a cute writer that it should be simple for you. But whenever I try to do a blog about photos of other people, my brain doesn't get on board with the writing part. I mean, how do you think of calling a sweet little newborn baby a plum? Such a perfect word for the situation.
    All that to say: I love how you have it set up! It looks great!

And as for the photo of the bride- it is beautiful! Simply beautiful. I am wondering about a b & w of it though. The yellow isn't a bad thing, per se' but it is there and therefore someone will have an opinion about it. Great pose. Great light.
    Was this your New Years wedding? Or are you holding out on us?

Haha ... don't even get me there .... I HATE writing. After a couple of weddings, I'm running out of words, and you do have to always say something nice rolleyes1.gif I HATE WRITING!!!! Oh well.

Glad I re-did it, now I need to work on my my 2009 portfolio, my handouts ... and I need to do something about that watermark, not sold on it rolleyes1.gif

Yup, that was my NYE wedding. btw I HATE you for making night shots outside in the snow look soooo easy!!!!! What's that all about?!?!?!? rolleyes1.gif I am NOT a winter wedding person. I had to even realize I missed the outdoor / recpetion shot ... And as for the b&w. - They do always get a bw version of the 400 best shots .... I just didn't even have a bright yellow background before, and thought it was cool :D ... I'll upload it in a minute ...

Thanks for you sweet comments! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    did you know you can import all of your content from blogger into your new blog? It works like a breeze. I have done it before.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    I did!!! :D ... Well, ok ... my husband did .. haha!! It did work great though!! :D
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Sheesh....

Angie I do believe you are every bit as good a graphic designer as you are a photographer. First class all the way around.

bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Sheesh....

Angie I do believe you are every bit as good a graphic designer as you are a photographer. First class all the way around.

bowdown.gif

Awwwww .... thank you Jeff! ... Just customizing some templates :Diloveyou.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Awwwww .... thank you Jeff! ... Just customizing some templates :Diloveyou.gif

I know....but when I do it it looks like a t-shirt from the 80's......when you do it....it looks chic....classy.....eye candy.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    bowdown.gif

Awesome!

Also another wordpress user! Wooo!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I know....but when I do it it looks like a t-shirt from the 80's......when you do it....it looks chic....classy.....eye candy.

rolleyes1.gif t-shirt from the 80's? rolleyes1.gif ... no, it doesn't look like from the 80's, you know I love all yoru stuff thumb.gif Haha, thanks Jeff iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    bowdown.gif

Awesome!

Also another wordpress user! Wooo!

YAY!! Haha thanks Moogle Pepper ... lovin' WP! :D
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Angie,

I'm also a WordPress fan and in the process of reworking/updating my blog. I did some customizations (with my hubby's help!) on my current one and I plan to do that again. My blog is more personal than business, but I was wondering how you went about yours? Did you find a blog with the basic layout that you were after and then just change colors, text, graphics, etc... or did you start more from scratch?
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Angie,

I'm also a WordPress fan and in the process of reworking/updating my blog. I did some customizations (with my hubby's help!) on my current one and I plan to do that again. My blog is more personal than business, but I was wondering how you went about yours? Did you find a blog with the basic layout that you were after and then just change colors, text, graphics, etc... or did you start more from scratch?

Well, the layout (mostly the fading images on top) is just a template. I did already sooo many websites where I created everything from scratch, it's nice when you can just buy stuff :D I only created the background, the separators, customized the font / layout a bit, and uploaded header, "logo" & the pics, - that's it. That took me already long enough :D
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I think you did a great job with your new look on the blog, regardless of some parts being from the template or not. Also I love the photo of the bride, in color, above. Very elegant shot :)
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    I think you did a great job with your new look on the blog, regardless of some parts being from the template or not. Also I love the photo of the bride, in color, above. Very elegant shot :)

Thanks Shima!!!! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    All I can say WOW, I looked through your blogs and site and I am sincerely and truly floored by the beautiful images you've managed to capture wherever you go.

bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2009
    mpaulie wrote:
    All I can say WOW, I looked through your blogs and site and I am sincerely and truly floored by the beautiful images you've managed to capture wherever you go.

bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

Oh!! Thanks for your sweet comment Michael, appreciate it!!!! iloveyou.gif