edited May 6, 2005
    pic 2
    Picture 2
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    cueball wrote:
    Please tell me what you think i am using a hp r700 thanks
    all so i am new to the group so any tips would be great

Sorry, this theme is so big... So many people talk about all these..
    I'll put a link if you dont mind...

read this, please
    Hope this will help you...
    Yuri
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Hi Cueball! wave.gif

welcome to the forum.. you'll get lots of helpful hints from these guys. Many people are away from their computers right now in in Yosemite (dgrin Yosemite shoot out) so it might be a few days before you get a lot of feedback. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.
    :D
  • Broke GuyBroke Guy Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    The photos I think are cute, and I don't see a big problem with the composition. What I am noticing is that they look 'grainy'. I have a feeling that you are using the digital zoom feature of your camera. Turn that feature off and you will have sharper images.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Welcome to the party!

What's your goal with your photos? Are you interested in progressing with your composition skills? Are you just wanting to show cute snaps of your kids (and your kids are cute)? :)

If it's just to share your kids...you've suceeded splendidly.

Here's a few compositional tips.

In your first photo, the "movement" of the photo is out of the photo. The older child is on the verge of moving out of the frame, and their eyes are looking out of the frame.

Imagine if that child were flipped and was running into the picture, towards the smaller child. Then your eyes would move into the picture and from the oldest to the youngest and would feel more cohesive.

On your second photo
    1. You missed focus. It can be difficult keeping focus on a child running toward you.
    2. It helps if you shoot children from a lower vantage point so you can see them "eye to eye"

Hopefully these "critique's" will encourage you in your photography. You have lovely kids who'll give you lots of opportunities to practice. :)

19618225-M.jpg

Here's a photo I'm not all that fond of, but it shows the principle I was trying to explain. See how the girl has plenty of room to the right, where she is "looking".

If the composition had her close to the right, with her looking to the right, it wouldn't work.

What I do like about your photos, and this one, is the capturing of kids doing what kids do. Verses the "look at the camera and say cheese" shots. There's a place for those photos as well, but i've moved away from them.

Lee
  • cueballcueball Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    No. I Know about the digital zoom and both of the shots were not taked with the digital zoom both of them were toched up in adobe photoshop cs2 might have over toched them thanks for the advice

Broke Guy wrote:
    The photos I think are cute, and I don't see a big problem with the composition. What I am noticing is that they look 'grainy'. I have a feeling that you are using the digital zoom feature of your camera. Turn that
    feature off and you will have sharper images.
  • cueballcueball Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Thanks for the advice i wnat to mabye some day go pro i am working on buying my first slr but money is tight thanks for the advice agean and i will be posting more pics up here to thanks

leebase wrote:
    Welcome to the party!

What's your goal with your photos? Are you interested in progressing with your composition skills? Are you just wanting to show cute snaps of your kids (and your kids are cute)? :)

If it's just to share your kids...you've suceeded splendidly.

Here's a few compositional tips.

In your first photo, the "movement" of the photo is out of the photo. The older child is on the verge of moving out of the frame, and their eyes are looking out of the frame.

Imagine if that child were flipped and was running into the picture, towards the smaller child. Then your eyes would move into the picture and from the oldest to the youngest and would feel more cohesive.

On your second photo
    1. You missed focus. It can be difficult keeping focus on a child running toward you.
    2. It helps if you shoot children from a lower vantage point so you can see them "eye to eye"

Hopefully these "critique's" will encourage you in your photography. You have lovely kids who'll give you lots of opportunities to practice. :)

19618225-M.jpg

Here's a photo I'm not all that fond of, but it shows the principle I was trying to explain. See how the girl has plenty of room to the right, where she is "looking".

If the composition had her close to the right, with her looking to the right, it wouldn't work.

What I do like about your photos, and this one, is the capturing of kids doing what kids do. Verses the "look at the camera and say cheese" shots. There's a place for those photos as well, but i've moved away from them.

Lee