Options

T-Shirt Prices

winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
edited May 6, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
What do you charge for t-shirts?

I am having a hard time pricing t-shirts. They are pretty expensive to start, so I feel that if I try to make much of a profit, they will be way too expensive, and no one will buy them.

So, what are your prices, and do you actually sell them?

-Winn

Comments

• Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    I havent sold any photo items yet. To be totally honest, I doubt most people even know about them. ne_nau.gif
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    MitchMitch Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    winn,

I ordered one for myself. They are really nice shirts. Added MTHPHOTO and my Phone number to one of my favorite images. Shameless self promotion, just wish they could be printed on the back.

But no. The few people I have mentioned them to weren't interested.

Mitch
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    winnjewett wrote:

I am having a hard time pricing t-shirts. They are pretty expensive to start, so I feel that if I try to make much of a profit, they will be way too expensive, and no one will buy them.
    Feel free to go to my site and check out my price for shirts. And I agree, you have to make less profit on merchandise for it to be priced reasonably. To date I have sold a few mouse pads, but no other merchandise. I did order some shirts for myself and my family, and they are very nicely done.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    winnjewett wrote:

-Winn
    How much would you be willing to pay for a shirt? For myself I doubt I would pay more than $15us for a tshirt with a picture on it. Anymore than that and I can get a nice shirt from a designer brand, hehe, if I shop around. Gotta love Winners.

Now if it was a custom job for someone like a team or something, then you could probably charge more, unless they ask for a group rate then your back down to the lower price.

Just my openion. :0)
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    winnjewett wrote:

-Winn
    Well, I guess I'll answer my own question in the hopes of figuring out where the best price point lies.

I just sold my first t-shirt for $20, which made I make $2.59 in profit. That's not much, but maybe I wouldn't have sold anything if I had charged $22.

-winn