Options

Schrinkle/Formal Lounge and International Flights

T.D.AlexanderT.D.Alexander Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 6, 2005 in Accessories
Hey Folks,

I'm on my way to India in the coming weeks and I'll be hauling my D70, a handful of lenses, and my powerbook. I have no desire to check this stuff, but I don't have anything that will carry it comfortably and make it as a carry on. Towards that end I've been looking at some of the crumpler bags, specifically the Schrinkle and the Formal Lounge. I know there's a lot of crumpler owners out there and I'm curious to here people's experiences traveling overseas with their bags.

Thanks much,

-Tim

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 6, 2005
    never been overseas with my schrinkle, but I've taken it on numerous flights. Never a problem. Compared to the other crap people carried on, my bag loaded with laptop and camera gear was nothing!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    T.D.AlexanderT.D.Alexander Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 6, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    never been overseas with my schrinkle, but I've taken it on numerous flights. Never a problem. Compared to the other crap people carried on, my bag loaded with laptop and camera gear was nothing!

Good to hear. I've looked around at the older threads and the reviews (especially the one Andy posts) and I'm pretty sold. I do have a question on those front pockets though, are they useful for much of anything? I'm hoping I can get a book or two in after all else, but maybe I'm being optimistic?

-Tim
  • Options
    Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Ive got a farmers double... You can fit some stuff in the outside pockets but not much. The top pocket will buldge out some but the bottom pocket is pretty tight.