Options

Photoshop CS4 Question

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited January 17, 2009 in Finishing School
Does anyone know of a good website (free) that has beginner - advanced tutorials for CS4???
Thank you!
Courtney

Comments

• Options
    RalphAdamRalphAdam Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    Does anyone know of a good website (free) that has beginner - advanced tutorials for CS4???
    Thank you!

It is worthwhile to join NAPP. They not only have video tutorials but also a superb bi-monthly magazine. You will be over the learning-curve hump in no time! Here is the url: http://www.photoshopuser.com/

Also, once you have mastered the basics, I suggest that you get Dan Margulis's superb Photoshop Lab Color.
  • Options
    barrywbarryw Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    In addition to that, you can find a ton of videos on photoshop on iTunes. You do have to sign up and register, but these are all free. Under podcasts just do a search on photoshop and/or adobe.

For instance:
    Photoshop for Digital Photographers - Michael Rather - 380 plus vids
    The Russell Brown Show - 100 or so
    Understanding Adobe Photoshop - Richard Harrington - around 185 - some in iPod format, some in HD

There a plenty more.

As to the NAPP, I am trying to choose between that and lynda.com. NAPP is $20 a month without membership and lynda is $25 a month. I am about to choose NAPP, because they specialize in photoshop, but I would welcome opinions and recommendations as well - not trying to hijack the thread - but helping the OP also.

EDIT: See post below - I meant kelbytraining.com

Barry
    Experience - the thing you get just after you need it! :scratch :dunno

www.familychateau.smugmug.com
  • Options
    goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    barryw wrote:
    In addition to that, you can find a ton of videos on photoshop on iTunes. You do have to sign up and register, but these are all free. Under podcasts just do a search on photoshop and/or adobe.

For instance:
    Photoshop for Digital Photographers - Michael Rather - 380 plus vids
    The Russell Brown Show - 100 or so
    Understanding Adobe Photoshop - Richard Harrington - around 185 - some in iPod format, some in HD

There a plenty more.

As to the NAPP, I am trying to choose between that and lynda.com. NAPP is $20 a month without membership and lynda is $25 a month. I am about to choose NAPP, becasue they specialize in photoshop, but I would welcome opinions and recommendations as well - not trying to hijack the thread - but helping the OP also.

Barry

Thanks for the info!! I actually watched a few off of lynda - the tutorial "leader" for CS4 was really good I'm thinking of subscribing to that one... at least for a month. Thanks again!
    Courtney
  • Options
    barrywbarryw Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    barryw wrote:
    As to the NAPP, I am trying to choose between that and lynda.com. NAPP is $20 a month without membership and lynda is $25 a month. I am about to choose NAPP, because they specialize in photoshop, but I would welcome opinions and recommendations as well - not trying to hijack the thread - but helping the OP also.

Barry

As I looked at this reply again, I realized that I meant to say kelbytraining.com - not NAPP - vs lynda.com.

My apologies.

Barry
    Experience - the thing you get just after you need it! :scratch :dunno

www.familychateau.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    http://www.csfour.com/

If you buy the book you will gain access to 54 more downloadable videos all CS4 specific.
  • Options
    wilson44512wilson44512 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 14, 2009
    Bert Monroy has some good videos. and he is just starting to make them for CS 4

http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/
  • Options
    hiroProtagonisthiroProtagonist Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    barryw wrote:
    As I looked at this reply again, I realized that I meant to say kelbytraining.com - not NAPP - vs lynda.com.

My apologies.

Barry
    Both Kelbytraining and Lynda are good choices, however if your primary interest is PS I'd go with Kelby.
    "But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate. - Dylan 1968"
  • Options
    HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    I have not tried Kelby tuts, but did do lynda.com and loved their video tutorials. Either way I'm sure you can cover a lot of ground with a one month membership.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Don't know about cs4 specific, but I found a ton of tutorials for CS3 on Youtube. Definitely worth some searches over there.