Options

was FS: Canon gear

luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
edited May 7, 2005 in Flea Market
update may 7, 2005: gear is currently off the market (good for Lucky :thumb)

I am posting this now to get ahead of the game. I have a 75% chance of having the following for sale between now and Sunday. I'd rather sell here instead of auction due to time constraints.

Canon 1D Mark II w/2 batteries
24-70L w/filter
70-200/2.8 IS w/filter
400/5.6L w/filter
580EX flash with rechargeable batteries
EF12 II Extender
1.4X Extender
Lexar 2GB CF card
Sandisk 2GB Ultra II CF Card
SD cards, 256MB and 512MB

All gear is as new and under one year old. It has all recently been recalibrated by Canon and the results are amazing. I do not know what to ask for the gear, I know everyone here is fair so if you want to e-mail me what you think it is worth to you please do, I'd sit down and price things but I also have a couple cars and computers to sell and only three weeks to do so.

I say 75% chance because some of us know that you really aren't sure if we are going until the wheels of the C-130 lift off the ground.

Comments

• Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Sorry to here this Luckyrwe,
    You have email.
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    I also have a Honda Civic and Isuzu Trooper for sale :>
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    hmmm...does the Trooper....
    Come with a filter, case, and tripod mount? rolleyes1.gif

Sorry, no money for cars, too much wrapped up in photo gear.

Would you trade the IS for a 1988 Jeep Cherokee with 228,000 miles on it mwink.gif

Going to bed soon....

Mongrel
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    The 70-200 IS is less than 2 months old. The extension ring is 1 week old.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Wow - my perfect kit!
    Are you selling it as pieces or only as a unit?

ann

luckyrwe wrote:
    I am posting this now to get ahead of the game. I have a 75% chance of having the following for sale between now and Sunday. I'd rather sell here instead of auction due to time constraints.

24-70L w/filter
    70-200/2.8 IS w/filter
    400/5.6L w/filter
    EF12 II Extender
    1.4X Extender
    Lexar 2GB CF card

All gear is as new and under one year old. It has all recently been recalibrated by Canon and the results are amazing. I do not know what to ask for the gear, I know everyone here is fair so if you want to e-mail me what you think it is worth to you please do, I'd sit down and price things but I also have a couple cars and computers to sell and only three weeks to do so.

I say 75% chance because some of us know that you really aren't sure if we are going until the wheels of the C-130 lift off the ground.
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    As a unit would be teriffic. It is my perfect kit too. :>
  • Options
    jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:

24-70L w/filter
    70-200/2.8 IS w/filter
    400/5.6L w/filter
    EF12 II Extender
    1.4X Extender
    Lexar 2GB CF card
    If you don't sell the whole lot as a package, I might be interested in one or both of the CF cards. They do come with extended warranty, don't they?rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Good gosh, I am going to cry for you:cry and for me :cry .

I don't suppose you would sell the whole lot for 300.00 would you. :cry

At least I am not giving anything up. Actually, why don't you keep the photo stuff? Remember Mike wanting it so badly, then I read you couldn't take it, so I am kind of confused on that.

Good luck, I really do wish I could buy that stuff.........
    Then there are parts of it, I would die for. The 400L, 24-70L, CF cards. Too bad you didn't buy a 10-22 lens, I would like one of those, too.

Oh for dreams and nightmares,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:

I'm lost...why are you selling this?

The last comment made me think you are going overseas with the military?
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2005
    Well I make a helluva lot more money as a civilian than what I get in the Army as an E-8 reservist with 24 years in. However my civilian job is government too, and kind of important to national security and whatnot. The Army did not know that, so I am going to request an exempton on Monday. If it is granted, that's fine, if not, then I will sell quickly enough to have it all done before I am supposed to be gone.

The cash will help my wife make ends meet until I return in November 2006.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Well I make a helluva lot more money as a civilian than what I get in the Army as an E-8 reservist with 24 years in. However my civilian job is government too, and kind of important to national security and whatnot. The Army did not know that, so I am going to request an exempton on Monday. If it is granted, that's fine, if not, then I will sell quickly enough to have it all done before I am supposed to be gone.

sounds like a job for David_S85 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(somewhat of an inside joke, if you don't know him) ... i'm sure he'll stop by :D

good luck to you, and thanks for your service, luckrywe that you are there for us...
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    so I am going to request an exempton on Monday. If it is granted, that's fine, if not, then I will sell quickly enough to have it all done before I am supposed to be gone.
    So what happened?ne_nau.gif

Thanks for what you dothumb.gif

Greg
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2005
    Oh heck they don't tell me that fast. What I will probably be doing is getting pictures of the gear all ready, then email folks when I know I am going. If I am exempted them I keep the gear, if I am deferred I just sell it a little later. in the meantime I will be putting non-photo gear on *bay.
  • Options
    Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Yeepers! National Security at Risk!!!
    luckyrwe wrote:

So sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I really hope the Government won't want to put our National Security at risk by sending you off to war! We'll pray that you get the exemption! We like having you here~

But if you do have to go and sell all your photo equipment, count me in as an interested party in some of your gear (the 580EX flash and maybe both of the extenders?). But believe me when I say that your situation will go to the top of my prayer list! My husband was in the Navy for several years when we first got married, so I know the sort of hardships the whole family goes through...not just the servicemember but the spouses, kids, finances...it's the toughest job in the world! I truly hope I won't end up being your customer, but I'll be glad to help out if this is how you'll need to keep your family going while you're away.

Best Wishes,
    ~Nee
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2005
    Well today the Army decided to consider my civilian employment and its importance. They are going to decide in 4 to 6 weeks if it is more important, and if not, give me another 30 day notice before shipping me out. I feel it coming. I will be kind to the gear you will soon own Andy!

On the flip side, *bay is getting me a few bucks. If I do NOT go at all, I will get the 500/4! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Well today the Army decided to consider my civilian employment and its importance. They are going to decide in 4 to 6 weeks if it is more important, and if not, give me another 30 day notice before shipping me out. I feel it coming. I will be kind to the gear you will soon own Andy!

On the flip side, *bay is getting me a few bucks. If I do NOT go at all, I will get the 500/4! iloveyou.gif

that's good news :D
  • Options
    vciincvciinc Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 5, 2005
    Canon gear
    PM sent
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2005
    Until I know my status I am not selling anything...this is my livlihood! I will reopen this discussion later on if/when I know more. Thnaks everyone!
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    You are in my thoughts. No body should have to put themselves in that position, but when called you know it is for the good of all. God bless, may the uncertainty that hangs with your wife and yourself be resolved soon

peace
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 7, 2005
    I'm editing the title of this thread to reflect no current sale - but I'm leaving it right here. It's bad luck to delete good luck, no?

fingers crossed for you Lucky thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]