Options

Lake Tahoe

pete wpete w Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited May 7, 2005 in Landscapes
I visited Lake Tahoe last week, this place seems different every time i go there. A few different shots.

This one was taken from the top of the Heavenly ski resort in South Tahoe.

21172313-M.jpg

This is a run off water fall from the snow melt. The scale can be seen from the person standing in the right corner.

20976269-M.jpg

This final one is from the lake shore on the west side.

21117764-M.jpg

A few more here.

http://wraight.smugmug.com/gallery/434582

Enjoy
Pete W
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
Henri Cartier Bresson

www.pete-wraight.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Superb shots Pete! I could stare at that first one for days...

AJ
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Cool captures! clap.gifclap.gif That first one is quite a spectacular view. :jawdrop Looking down on the beach in the southern end reminds me of the time I was swimming at the beach many years ago, and ran into one of the Yarbrough brothers. This was mid summer and we were the only people brave enough to enjoy the fresh, clear, 45 F degree water.eek7.gif :lol

Susan
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Wonderfully captured Pete!thumb.gif
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Very nice.

I like the nuetral increase towards white on the second one.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    Susan , you went swimming???, its soooo cold
    :uhoh You were very brave
    SusanB wrote:
    Cool captures! clap.gifclap.gif That first one is quite a spectacular view. :jawdrop Looking down on the beach in the southern end reminds me of the time I was swimming at the beach many years ago, and ran into one of the Yarbrough brothers. This was mid summer and we were the only people brave enough to enjoy the fresh, clear, 45 F degree water.eek7.gif :lol

Susan
    Pete W
    Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
    Henri Cartier Bresson

• Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    Thanks everyone, I hope to move to the
    Reno/Tahoe area soon so there will be lots of time to shot this great place.
    Pete W
    Henri Cartier Bresson

• Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    clap.gifGreat shots.....I really really love that 2nd onethumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    Come to think about it Pete... these three shots all deserve there own separate threads, I think they are all that good. AJ
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    pete w wrote:
    :uhoh You were very brave
    Yes, that was in my youth :D It was sooo cold, but I guess that my metabolism and the warm sunshine worked fine to counteract the chill. I could never do that now. lol3.gif Maybe it was about 52 dregrees, now that the memory cells are straining to recall rolleyes1.gif Either way it was quite brisk. The Yarbrough, or was it Yarborough brothers included professions of race car driver and musician. I have never really followed celebs but I recall when the guy swimming across the way introduced himself as we peered at each other over the water's reflection of the bright sunlit sky.

Thanks for the memories:):

Susan
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 5, 2005
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Pete,

I really like the waterfall shot. It looks awsome! Did you convert it to B&W in post-processing? If so, you may want to experiment with the channel mixer and see what different combinations of red, green, blue can give you in the B&W rendition.

Cheers,

Erich
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Just send me the lens!

I love what that lens does with a good photographer behind it.

I guess I would need to test myself.

great set,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2005
    pete w wrote:
    I visited Lake Tahoe last week

http://wraight.smugmug.com/gallery/434582

Enjoy
    I strongly suggest folks click on Pete's gallery link and check out the rest of these photos- they are stunningclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif I especially like the emerald island images. Pete where were you when you took the EI images at wide angle, they are terrific?

Susan
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2005
    Wow.
    :D Thanks everyone. Yes the 17-85 IS is a very versatile lens and great for traveling.

I will post more once i have relocated to the area.

Also , i will only be 1 hour from Yosemite, yipee.
    Pete W
    Henri Cartier Bresson

• Options
    edited May 7, 2005
    Susan.
    There is a stop of point ( NO stopping due to avalanches) . That if you are quick you can get a shot before Smokey catches up with you.

Its the best position just to the east of EI.

The rest are from the lookout point to the north.

Thanks for your comments
    SusanB wrote:
    I strongly suggest folks click on Pete's gallery link and check out the rest of these photos- they are stunningclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif I especially like the emerald island images. Pete where were you when you took the EI images at wide angle, they are terrific?

Susan
    Pete W
    Henri Cartier Bresson