Options

$5.00 bird feeder

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited May 8, 2005 in Wildlife
no more throwing feed on the ground, decided to spend $5.00 and buy a proper bird feeder ( doubles aas a bird bath ) now all i gotta do is wait... oops after 2 minutes of hanging it up....
21447801-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Wise investment...
    ...and a nice Jay. thumb.gif
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Nice shot, I love his colours. I can see you are going to get your money's worth out of that bird feeder:):
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2005
    the feeder is the best $5.00 investment i ever made. BTW, ive noticed that the Jays will take on smaller birds and birds their size. They wont mess with the mourning doves.... ius it just coz of their size?

troy
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    ...and a nice Jay. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 7, 2005
    very cool W. tell us your EXIF on these shots please.
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2005
    21447801-Ti.jpg

Date Taken:2005-05-06 21:52:18Date Digitized:2005-05-06 21:52:18Date Modified:2005-05-07 10:07:18Make:CanonModel: Canon EOS 20D Size: 2379x1754 Bytes: 912698 Aperture: f/5.6 ISO: 800 Focal Length: 400mm (guess: 466mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.001s (1/1000)Flash:Flash did not fire, compulsory flash modeExposure Program:Aperture priorityExposure Bias:0
    Angelo wrote:
    very cool W. tell us your EXIF on these shots please.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 7, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    21447801-Ti.jpg

Date Taken:2005-05-06 21:52:18Date Digitized:2005-05-06 21:52:18Date Modified:2005-05-07 10:07:18Make:CanonModel: Canon EOS 20D Size: 2379x1754 Bytes: 912698 Aperture: f/5.6 ISO: 800 Focal Length: 400mm (guess: 466mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.001s (1/1000)Flash:Flash did not fire, compulsory flash modeExposure Program:Aperture priorityExposure Bias:0
    very cool with nice DOF. I always get confused about aperature size for this. why did you shoot at 800 ISO?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    The birds in my cul de sac are attacking cats. That I saw with my own eyes. A friend on another list saw on cable news that they are attacking people in my state.

I am hoping to get a bird feeder. But right now I would like to get a photo of the perp who gave the poor cat such a scare, and I would like to find the nest.
    Never seen, nor heard, so many birds as outside my front door. (At 6 AM while looking for my camera battery. I found it, the dog had eaten it, am down to one. will order another one or two of the $11.00 variety, but I am shooting at church tomorrow, etc.)

How did you get that for $5.00? Great feeder!

ginger

Good capture of the Jay. They have to eat, too.
    Hopefully, and I am sure, there will be many more captures.
    Drastic measures, like food, to get these little guys to hold still.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    that's 5 bucks well spent even for that one shot!
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    5 bucks for feeder
    a few thousand for glass and tech
    just don't seem fair :D

Oh I forgot to add the talent to use it all, priceless clap.gif
    Crisp, clean shots thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2005
    Good question!!! Here is the short story... i was under the impression that if i was shooting at 300 mm my shutter speed should be approx 1/300. so i always strived to keep my shutter speed near the "zoom measure ) for lack of the correct word. I now know that a faster shutter speed can give me a sharper image - less camera shake. Anyway if i use a higher ISO like 800 i can then get a higher shutter speed. This makes sense to me, but what works for me just might be luck....

troy

Angelo wrote:
    very cool with nice DOF. I always get confused about aperature size for this. why did you shoot at 800 ISO?
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2005
    Kmart where else ?

troy
    ginger_55 wrote:

How did you get that for $5.00? Great feeder!

ginger
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    Great picclap.gif

I think you single handedly just helped Kmart sell out of every bird feeder they haverolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2005
    Nice Shot Troy
    windoze wrote:
    no more throwing feed on the ground, decided to spend $5.00 and buy a proper bird feeder ( doubles aas a bird bath ) now all i gotta do is wait... oops after 2 minutes of hanging it up....
    I feed the birds on the concrete in front of the garden shed, cause the only trees I have are fruit trees, and I don't want to encourage them to go for the fruit :nono the two little parrats are still coming in, but still take off as soon as they see me or hear me open the door.

Magpies are still coming in and one still eats from my hand, I just hope to be able to continue to encourage them so that one day *dream*dream* when I get me a bigger lens *drool*drool* I hope to be able to get some real nice closeups......now if only we got nice colorful ones like yours Troy...... is that a Blue Jay??? hope you get some more visitors to your new bird feeder soon :D ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin