Options

Mike and Liz Engagement Photos

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited January 14, 2009 in Weddings
My engagement, I mean literally when he proposed. Considering he's my brother (and she's gonna be ma new sis soon too:D) it was pretty easy to get these.

New Years Eve, that morning they picked out the ring, and my brother had already gotten aproved for it prior to going. They left, my dad went and picked it up. She had no clue. He teased her all day about when he was going to propose and all that fun stuff. Its almost midnight. He walks into the kitchen and starts walking out into the living room during the countdown. When the countdown gets down to zero, he asked her that vital question that every lady wants to hear at some point in their lives. "will you spend the rest of your life with me?" After shock and some punching on her behalf, she said yes of course, and I got some good pictures.

#1:
453496856_de4Bx-L.jpg

#2:
453493954_qBSPk-L.jpg

#3:
453493651_fHa62-L.jpg

#4:
453494422_aEZBe-L.jpg

#5:
453494572_BNgxt-L.jpg

#6:
453494150_VJyjQ-L.jpg

#7: I managed to get the ring away from her for a few minutes. :wink
453494314_aRRH6-L.jpg

Tell me what you think? They were pretty much just candid shots, but I think they turned out alright.
Jer

Comments

• Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Very nice. I really like #5 the most.clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Awwww!!!!! clap.gif Congrats to your brother, that's really cute!!! Btw. NICE ring shot you got here!
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    My fav is #3- I like the action implied and the fact that you used the ceiling to make the background less cluttery. I bet these will be cherished their whole lives!
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Five, six, and seven are my favorites...quite nice...really...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2009
    Thanks everyone! Those last three are my favorites too. As well as #3.

You'll never believe where I took the ring shot. ... ... in my extremely small closet with a blue plant light shining on it. no lights on in the room. And also my flash I believe... on white foam core.
    Jer
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    The pictures look nice. thanks for sharing.:D
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    They look extremely happy and that is a fabulous ring he got her :)
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    They look extremely happy and that is a fabulous ring he got her :)

Yes it is. I think its funny, he spends tons of money on her ring, and she goes and buys a $99 wedding dress on sale at David's Bridal lol... She's very low maintenance, which I think is good for my brother, cause he (like myself) likes to spend Lots 'O Money!
    Jer