Options

The End......The Beginning!

CostanzoCostanzo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited January 15, 2009 in People
This was a shot I got of my Daughter at her commencement ceremony from HS. I used my new Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS lens, from the stands about 100 feet away. She was stopping on a designated spot for the school photog, and I caught this expression. It was 92 degrees that day, with high humidity, great test for the 40 D, Mom, Me, and the family, as sweat dripped off my face onto the camera and lens.

Thanks, Rob C.
"More Questions than Answers":D

My Gear:

Two Canon 40D/with battery grips
580EX, 580EX II, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon 10-22, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 50 II 1.8, 2-Alien Bee 800, Pocket Wizards, Seconic 558R, Bags, Backpack, Stands and backdrops. Just added Canon 24-70L 2.8 lens.

Comments

• Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    Great capture.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    Just curious-- is it 92 degrees in Michigan these days? headscratch.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    WolftepWolftep Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    dogwood wrote:
    Just curious-- is it 92 degrees in Michigan these days? headscratch.gif

High School commencement would mean the picture was likely taken in June?

Great expression on your daughter's face there Rob. Well done!
  • Options
    CostanzoCostanzo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    Thanks all, for the comments. I appreciate you taking your time to do this. No 92 degrees today, I think a high of 10 degrees, but it is going to warm up on Saturday, to 20 degrees!! The ceremony was June 8th 2008, and other than the high humidity, it went off with out a hitch. The storm and tornados hit, about one hour later. We had to take shelter in the bathroom of a restraunt.

Rob C.
    "More Questions than Answers":D

My Gear:

Two Canon 40D/with battery grips
    580EX, 580EX II, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon 10-22, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 50 II 1.8, 2-Alien Bee 800, Pocket Wizards, Seconic 558R, Bags, Backpack, Stands and backdrops. Just added Canon 24-70L 2.8 lens.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 15, 2009
    yes and no
    I like a lot the expression (Yes i've got it!!! look !!!)

but and it is a common mistake... you focused on her face (that is normal), but your focus sensor was centered, so... the face is centered and there is a lot of the superior half of the picture is useless...

I know you were far away, that it is more easy to say than to do... but either use another sensor, either lock the focus and compose... either crop :D

another thing is that you were not opened at 2.8 stop ? yes ? i think the background could have been more blurred. it is a little bit disturbing (according to me)

btw, why square cropping?